• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating an Index for WebHelp

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2006 Aug 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to use the Smart Index Wizard so that it will only pull words from Heading styles... such as only show suggestions from Heading 1 or Heading 2 styles? I tried using Topic Titles only, but it only gave me the first line of each topic. I need to index a huge amount of text and was hoping I could just assign a heading style to the keywords and automatically index from those heading styles. The source for the documentation is an HTML file designed by our programmers. Thanks for any help. Lisa in Roswell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 23, 2006 Aug 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the only way you could pul this off would be a cooperative effort with the programmers. If you look at an Index file (HHK), you'll see this code block for each Index entry:

<li><object type="text/sitemap">
<param name="Name" value="Index Entry">
<param name="Name" value="Topic Title">
<param name="Local" value="Topic_FileName.htm">
</object>

They might come up with maybe a Perl script that would scoop up everything tagged with H1 & H2, and populate the appropriate locations in the format as shown above (to which, of course, you would add the front and back matter to create the proper HHK format).

Any work with sub-entries, I'm afraid, would probably have to be manually done.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2006 Aug 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is a good workaround. Thanks so much for your help. Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp