2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2006 12:11 PM by PyramidSystemsInc

Creating an Index

I am new to these forums and I could use some help getting the index wizard to work. The TOC was created manually and has remote links to .htm files. Now I would like to create an index from all of those .htm files. However when I try and run the Smart Index Wizard, I only get a message saying that "No Topics were Found". Did I miss a step? To create the index to all of the .htm files need to be located in the same folder?

• 1. Re: Creating an Index
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Hi PSI and welcome to our community

What kind of output are you producing? Compiled .CHM, WebHelp, FlashHelp or what?

Seems very odd that you would have a project with no actual HTM files. Normally most, if not all of the HTML files needed are within the project. Very few might need to be referenced as external files.

Yes, the Smart Index Wizard will only sift through files RoboHelp HTML is aware of. It becomes aware of files by virtue of including them in the project.

Unfortunately, we probably have nothing but more questions at this point.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Creating an Index
            PyramidSystemsInc Level 1
            Thank you for your reply. I realize it's been a while since I posted, but I just remembered I came to the boards for help! Anyway, the htm files are all located externally. We did this because all of the files were already created and in a Robohelp format. As part of the customization for the project, the webhelp needed to be updated. Unfortunately, we don't have access to the orginal project file.

I will see about recreating the project and adding the files differently. Thanks.