3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2006 2:08 AM by Newsgroup_User

Does this forum suck for you too?

Walter Elias Level 2
      I don't mean the content. I find these Flash forums very useful and helpful. It's the performance of the actual forum site that makes me increasingly want to avoid this place. Click any thread and it may or may not load, and when it does (often on the 3rd or 4th attempt) it takes between 30 and 90 seconds to load. I note that many newcomers to this forum post the identical messages 3 or 4 times, probably because the molasses-slow performance makes them worry their message didn't get posted. Am I the only one this is happening to? If not, has it gotten gradually worse and worse for you over the past couple weeks?

It's very frustrating because I enjoy learning and contributing to the discussions here. I just want to find out if it's a problem for me alone.

I'm using latest IE and Firefox on a clear, unshared 6MB broadband connection. No problems with any other forums on the web, just this one.
        • 1. Re: Does this forum suck for you too?
          Level 7
          I use the newsgroup interface instead (via Outlook Express) .. so don't get
          any forum web page problems. maybe that's a solution for you too?
          --
          Jeckyl

• 2. Re: Does this forum suck for you too?
            Shixter
            I have noticed that the forum (and only this one for me) has been increasingly slow in the last day or two. Looks like it is time for them to do some pruning, heh. And as it seems, something seems to keep refreshing on this forum bout every 15 secs or so. If it is not just me, then that might be contributing to the problem. Anyways, back to hoping for an answer to the question I posted.

And, btw, personally I stay away from using email clients for just about anything but an intranet, due to a large portion of viruses dedicated to mail clients....specially Microsoft made ones.
            • 3. Re: Does this forum suck for you too?
              Level 7
              > And, btw, personally I stay away from using email clients for just about
              > anything but an intranet, due to a large portion of viruses dedicated to
              mail
              > clients....specially Microsoft made ones.

Well, there are lots of NNTP clients that are not email clients. Also, a
              decent AV/Firewall solution will go a long way toward covering the
              vulnerabilities in your mail client...

--
              -------------------------------
              Remove '_spamkiller_' to mail
              -------------------------------