0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2006 3:50 PM by grundyl

PB Datawindow equivalent in Flex 2?

grundyl
      Hi,
      I'm new to Flex and am trying to fashion a datawindow-esque component in Flex 2.
      If you've done PowerBuilder, PowerJ or MSAccess Forms, PLEASE read on, and if you have not, please read on anyway - odds are you know way more than I do and I could use a little advice!
      The basic idea is to be able to display and update repeated content arranged on a canvas (a datagrid would not be acceptable to users).
      My original approach was to have the following nested components (fyi, not real code - just an example) - see at end.
      Has anyone a sample of something like this?
      Maybe even one that allows the user to add and remove repeated rows? Possibly sort them?
      Many thanks for any help!

Best,
      Lisa Grundy, Sony Pictures

<mx:Panel x="10" y="109" width="936" height="455" layout="absolute" verticalScrollPolicy="on">
      <mx:Repeater id="DLTasks" dataProvider="{AC_DLTasksData}" startingIndex="">
      <mx:VBox id="TaskBox" verticalGap="0" horizontalAlign="center" mouseUp="">
      <mx:Canvas id="repeateddetail" width="910" height="209">
      //bunch of labels, text boxes, combo-boxes
      //Examples (as you can see, I am unclear on the usage of the properties for data and text):
      <mx:TextInput id="DTLtaskdetail" text="{DLTasks.currentItem.taskdetail}" x="408" y="10" width="248"/>
      <mx:TextInput id="DTLtasknote" data="{DLTasks.currentItem.tasknote}" x="674" y="10" width="165"/> <mx:TextInput id="DTLtasksort" data="{DLTasks.currentItem.tasksort}" x="847" y="10" width="38"/>
      //End of examples
      </mx:Canvas>
      </mx:VBox>
      </mx:Repeater>
      </mx:Panel>