1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 19, 2006 2:40 AM by Newsgroup_User

Flash picture, need help please

mtntbtvtctx
      Hi

For a website I want to make a picture of a map to be used so that when someone clicks on a certain area then they hare hyperlinked to a certain web page. i have the picture, how do I cut it up, using Flash (I'm told) so that this will happen?
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: Flash picture, need help please
          Level 7
          depends on what format the picture is in - was it drawn with flash tools or imported as a raster image?
          you may not need to cut it up if you want to simply place hot spots over it that act like buttons -
          this is easily achieved with "invisible" buttons - meaning button symbols with only a shape in their
          HIT state.

If you need to "cut-up" an imported image then you should really use your graphics editor
          (photoshop) for this. But if you don't then try breaking apart the bitmap in flash and using the
          lasso tool to select sections.

hope this helps.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

mtntbtvtctx wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > For a website I want to make a picture of a map to be used so that when
          > someone clicks on a certain area then they hare hyperlinked to a certain web
          > page. i have the picture, how do I cut it up, using Flash (I'm told) so that
          > this will happen?
          > Thanks
          >