Exit

Hand tool stuck in InDesign and Photoshop on macOS Mojave

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using mojave 10.14.6

latest CC suite

happens in indesign mostly because thats what i use the most but also in photoshop.

tool hand gets stuck.

some times...just some times it resolves when i pause/sync the CC file syncing.

but usually I have to Quit indesign.

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn’t happen to me in InDesign CC 2019 (14.0.2) In Mojave.

Often problems with modifier keys like the Space Bar are caused by other apps conflicting. If quitting and restarting fixes the problem that almost always indicates that problem. As you watch, when a certain application (often a web browser) is launched and the problem reoccurs you’ll find it’s something like an extension or plugin which grabs keystrokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm also using indesign cc 14.0.2 newest update.

ill watch for that. but i'm laying out magazines so i doubt it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing while using InDesign and Photoshop. This issue has been reported by a few other users as well ( InDesign performance issue: Hand tool freezes – Adobe InDesign Feedback​) and as Steve mentioned above, it was found that the issue occurs when a third party software or application is running in parallel. Some examples of the software used include Global Auto-correct and Google Chrome.

Could you please confirm when did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

Try booting the system in Safe mode (Start in Safe Boot mode for Adobe products on Mac OS X ) and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why yes I do use chrome browser. I will only use Firefox and see if that helps.

Can't say when it began. 2-3 weeks

Ago maybe.

Adios

Melanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines