3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2006 4:47 AM by shishir332

Creating a project in Flex Builder for the Hybrid Store sample Application

avanthika
      Hi all,
      How to create a project in Flexbuilder for the hybrid store sample application.

I downloaded the source code of hybridstore application,
      Now i have to create a project for it to run that application in my system,
      will you please tell me how to create a project for this sample.

I have also read the readme.html file. but i could not follow exactly what they are saying.

what i did is, I unzipped the source code into a folder hybridstore.
      I opened the flexbuilder : File -- new -- flexproject ( i have selected) then i have given name to my file (hybridstore) , and set the path to the hybridstore folder where the source code exists.

but it as created hybridstore.mxml file also.

it is not working.

will you please till me how to create project for this application.

I have created project for other samples like restaurent finder, dashboard. they are working fine.
      I got problem with this sample only.

Thanks in advance

Regards
      Avanthika
        • 1. Re: Creating a project in Flex Builder for the Hybrid Store sample Application
          shishir332
          You simply need to import the archive file of your sample project into the flex builder. There's no need to even unzip it. Flex builder would do the same for you.
          To import go to File->Import and then select Archive File.

Hope it helps.
          Shishir
          • 2. Re: Creating a project in Flex Builder for the Hybrid Store sample Application
            avanthika Level 1
            Hi,
            thanks for your reply,
            I have tried to open using file import, but still it is not working.

in the readme file for this application , contains how to

Creating a project in Flex Builder for the Hybrid Store application:

Name your default application catalog.mxml.

Prevent Flex Builder from generating an HTML wrapper: select Project > Properties. Select the Flex Compiler page, deselect the Generate HTML wrapper file option .

Create a Run configuration for your project but deselect the Use defaults option and instead assign the Run setting to the hybridstore.html in your project's bin directory.

To enable debugging of the Hybrid Store application you must create a copy of hybridstore.html. Open it in an editor (you can right-click on the file and select Open With > Text Editor). Find the line that says "src", "catalog" and change it to "src", "catalog-debug". Assign the Debug setting to this new HTML file.

As i am new to flex , i could not know how to do this.

please help me how to do this.

regards
            Avanthika
            • 3. Re: Creating a project in Flex Builder for the Hybrid Store sample Application
              shishir332 Level 1
              >>I have tried to open using file import, but still it is not working.
              You could not even import the project archive or after importing it you are not able to run it.?
              Can you pass on the link where you downloaded the project from.

~shishir