2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2006 7:24 AM by Sootica

Good Books for Contribute?

Sootica Level 1
      I'm a very new Contribute user, and have not done any website design or administration before. I'm volunteering to help out an organization at my school by taking over the webmaster job. I've managed to solve several problems there, but am stuck right now. First, can anyone recommend what books to buy for instructions for Contribute?

Also, can someone look at our site, and tell me what's going on with the menu on the left, and the image at the top, as you go from page to page. The person before me has the sizes and even colors changing. I think I can fix the colors okay, but I can't seem to get the table to stay the right size, with consistent fonts. Even telling my what terms I need to look for in help would be a great help. It's www.canyoncrestfoundation.org . Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Good Books for Contribute?
          Level 7
          On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 03:14:44 +0000, Sootica wrote:

> I'm a very new Contribute user, and have not done any website design or
          > administration before. I'm volunteering to help out an organization at my
          > school by taking over the webmaster job. I've managed to solve several problems
          > there, but am stuck right now. First, can anyone recommend what books to buy
          > for instructions for Contribute?
          >
          > Also, can someone look at our site, and tell me what's going on with the menu
          > on the left, and the image at the top, as you go from page to page. The person
          > before me has the sizes and even colors changing. I think I can fix the colors
          > okay, but I can't seem to get the table to stay the right size, with consistent
          > fonts. Even telling my what terms I need to look for in help would be a great
          > help. It's www.canyoncrestfoundation.org . Thanks.

Hi,

Contribute is very easy to learn... The how Do I panel on the left hand side of
          Contribute should be more than sufficient to get you started !

-Avinash

• 2. Re: Good Books for Contribute?
            Sootica Level 1
            Do you think it didn't occur to me to look at the panel at the bottom? Of course I did that, and did the tutorials. The information there is very basic. Several problems that we were having weren't covered there, mostly related to the fact that I was trying to take over a site that someone else had started, which had some major problems. In the 6 weeks since I posted that question, I bought a book which helped, somewhat, "Macromedia Contribute for Windows and Macintosh" . And I've almost totally redone the site, rather than trying to figure out all the problems with her table sizes.