• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can get page to display via the internet

Participant ,
Jul 25, 2006 Jul 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the built in FTP in RoboHelp HTML to publish my pages to the server. I can not view them on the server. For some reason the page won't display. Here is the URL. http://www.krooth.com/mycfsite/html/_help/cilarus_help.htm

I have verified that everything is on the server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there murpg - are you trying to view the html files themselves or the compiled chm?
MS pushed out security updates recently that prevent chm files from being viewed across a network (nice huh?!). Get your netgeeks to that out. we ended up pushing out an .exe to our clients that changes the registry settings of each client machine on the network but this only works until the next MS update :o)

good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to view the HTML files. I am totally new to RoboHelp. I did not know you could view a chm file. Anyway, can you please tell me how to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MURPG

I prepared a reply but checked your link again before sending it. It seems you have fixed the problem as the link works. Thanks for updating the thread!

For the benefit of others who may hit the same problem, it would help if you posted what you did to get things working.

I notice that in Firefox the help does not complete loading. See the topic on Browsers on my site about that if your users could be using Firefox. Click here.

JULIE

You would rather that Microsoft ignored a security risk? I hope your guys used the method that only allows your CHM to work on a network rather than any CHM in the folder or, worse, any CHM. If need be, the method is described on my site.

If not, I hope the client is aware how you have fixed things and accepts the risk. Otherwise you might want to check your insurance cover.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2006 Jul 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I discovered was that I was missing to JavaScript files from when the site was published to the server. The only way I discovered this was by looking in the log file of the server. Here is what that log file looked like.

2006-07-26 00:31:17 66.212.195.100 - W3SVC6435 WEB1 10.100.100.53 80 GET /mycfsite/html/_help/whver.js - 404 2 4203 433 0 HTTP/1.1 www.krooth.com Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+5.1;+en-US;+rv:1.8.0.4)+Gecko/20060508+Firefox/1.5.0.4 - http://www.krooth.com/mycfsite/html/_help/cilarus_help.htm

2006-07-26 00:31:17 66.212.195.100 - W3SVC6435 WEB1 10.100.100.53 80 GET /mycfsite/html/_help/whutils.js - 404 2 4203 435 0 HTTP/1.1 www.krooth.com Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+5.1;+en-US;+rv:1.8.0.4)+Gecko/20060508+Firefox/1.5.0.4 - http://www.krooth.com/mycfsite/html/_help/cilarus_help.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2006 Aug 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read your posting, and it seems we have the same problem you solved. But what were the registry settings, what was the *.exe you pushed out . . . more or less could you give me more detail on exactly what you had to do? Any help given would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2006 Aug 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to the forum jarmills.

If the CHM is to be viewed on your own intranet, then this topic will help. Click here.

If the CHMs are for customer use, then step back a moment. The changes involve editing the registry. Julie's exe will have made those changes. Changing registries without permission and without the customer's knowledge is not a cool idea. Depending on which hack you go for, if you expose the customer to the security risk the patch is designed to prevent, don't be too surprised if they get real angry. Make sure someone discusses it with them and gets their agreement.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp