• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Does Not Synchronize

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2006 Jul 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large WebHelp file containing 775 topics in it. Most of these are field descriptions. In the TOC, I have a book titled Fields- A to Z. When I click one of the fields that begin with a higher letter in the alphabet (e.g., M), the TOC does not jump to that location. Instead, it jumps back to the top of the book (in the A's). In my WebHelp settings for the file generation, I have it set to automatically synchronize the TOC. I do not have this problem with my other (smaller) WebHelp files.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2006 Jul 24, 2006
Welcome to the forum.

Yes this pops up regularly and I think it was asked just last week. See Snippet 49 on my site. There's a solution if your users are restricted to IE but it breaks the help in Firefox!

Beyond that the only solution is fewer topics in a book.

Not really the solution you want but I am afraid that is the way it is.

Better that than turning off autosync.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Yes this pops up regularly and I think it was asked just last week. See Snippet 49 on my site. There's a solution if your users are restricted to IE but it breaks the help in Firefox!

Beyond that the only solution is fewer topics in a book.

Not really the solution you want but I am afraid that is the way it is.

Better that than turning off autosync.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2006 Jul 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Peter. I will try this. My users are only using IE so it should work fine.

I have bookmarked your site for future reference. Thanks!

Jodee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodee,

After the TOC jumps back to the top of the book, scroll down. You will find the selected topic actually is highlighted.

So WebHelp (1) properly highlights the selected topic, then (2) refreshes from the top of the book. We haven't found a good way to kill step (2).

A possible strategy is to divide the TOC into books, each with no more topics than will fill the left column. With all the other books collapsed, the current topic line won't disappear below the bottom. If you click a link to a topic in another book, the new book should open from its first topic and the selected topic is highlighted.

It's not a great solution, I know.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp