8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2006 9:57 AM by Newsgroup_User

Modifying Photo Slide Show Template

ssookdeo
      Hello All,

I've never used Flash before, and I don't know any ActionScript. I am using Flash 8 Professional on Windows XP Professional. I believe my problem is fairly simple to solve, but I have not been able to find any information on the Internet. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

I am using the Photo Slide Show template, and I would like to add transition effects to it. Is this possible? If so, how would I go about doing it? Please help me. I appreciate your time and consideration.

Thanks,
      Sisilla
        • 1. Re: Modifying Photo Slide Show Template
          ssookdeo Level 1
          Just bumping this topic up a bit in hopes that my question might be noticed and answered. Please help me.

Thanks,
          Sisilla
          • 2. Re: Modifying Photo Slide Show Template
            ssookdeo Level 1
            Hello Again,

Is there really no one out there who can help me?

Sisilla
            • 3. Re: Modifying Photo Slide Show Template
              Level 7
              "ssookdeo" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:eab2gc$h84$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Hello Again,
              >
              > Is there really no one out there who can help me?
              >
              > Sisilla

The process should be..
              1) Learn Flash (this takes a few months of effort at the least)
              2) Make slideshows and websites with Flash.

Please don't try to do it the other way around.
              tralfaz

• 4. Re: Modifying Photo Slide Show Template
                ssookdeo Level 1
                Thank you for the advice. You are right, of course. I thought perhaps my problem had a "quick fix" solution, but I concede that I was wrong. Thanks again.

Sisilla
                • 5. Re: Modifying Photo Slide Show Template
                  sangharob
                  Yeah, there seems to be zero support for the screens based slide show template. I couldn't even make it display the apparent controls, and it was very iffy when it came to the keyboard controls working once uploaded. Finally just did what I wanted to do by learning enough flash to do it, which was worth the effort in the long run.
                  • 6. Re: Modifying Photo Slide Show Template
                    Level 7
                    "ssookdeo" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:eab4vc$k5c$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > Thank you for the advice. You are right, of course. I thought perhaps my problem had a "quick fix" solution, but I concede that I
                    > was wrong. Thanks again.
                    >
                    > Sisilla

Hi Sisilla,
                    I was just thinking that if you need to get a nice slideshow with effects going on your website quickly you could use another
                    program that specializes in just that. There are lots of these Flash slideshow programs that you can download. Here is one..
                    http://www.amarasoftware.com/flash-slide-show.htm
                    (I never tried it myself) If you put "Flash slideshow maker" in a google search you will see there are lots of em.

Also, other Flash creation programs like SwishMax have built-in transition effects that you can use. It is much easier than trying
                    to do the same thing in Adobe Flash. You could get your slideshow going quicker since it takes longer to learn Adobe Flash.

luck,
                    tralfaz

• 7. Re: Modifying Photo Slide Show Template
                      ssookdeo Level 1
                      Thanks, tralfaz. Flash-Slide-Show-Maker works well. It generates automatically playing slide shows with transitions and play and pause buttons quickly and easily. The one drawback is that the user cannot specify the type of transition to use, and it is fairly random throughout the slide show. One of the transitions is a heart-shaped outward wipe. This is not appropriate for a corporate site, but otherwise, FSSM would be great for me.

I think I am going to follow your initial advice and learn Flash! Again, thanks.

Sisilla
                      • 8. Re: Modifying Photo Slide Show Template
                        Level 7
                        "ssookdeo" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:eacsa0$j3s$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                        > Thanks, tralfaz. Flash-Slide-Show-Maker works well. It generates automatically
                        > playing slide shows with transitions and play and pause buttons quickly and
                        > easily. The one drawback is that the user cannot specify the type of transition
                        > to use, and it is fairly random throughout the slide show. One of the
                        > transitions is a heart-shaped outward wipe. This is not appropriate for a
                        > corporate site, but otherwise, FSSM would be great for me.
                        >
                        > I think I am going to follow your initial advice and learn Flash! Again,
                        > thanks.
                        >
                        > Sisilla

Yay! It's more fun to make your own anyway, even if it is harder.
                        tralfaz