1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2009 11:13 PM by Newsgroup_User

Open Flash off AUTOBOOT CD

fbcojman
      I am making a presentation where I basically built a flash website and put it on a CD. I have an autoboot set up for the CD and everything works properly there. My problem is opening the .swf files. On my computer, the files load fine (since i have Flash installed) however on other computers, it doesn't launch automatically, even after flash player and shockwave player are installed. It does work if you select IE from the program list to load teh program. I would like this to load into a flash player on autoboot. How can i accomplish this?
        • 1. Re: Open Flash off AUTOBOOT CD
          Level 7

fbcojman wrote:
          > I am making a presentation where I basically built a flash website and put it
          > on a CD. I have an autoboot set up for the CD and everything works properly
          > there. My problem is opening the .swf files. On my computer, the files load
          > fine (since i have Flash installed) however on other computers, it doesn't
          > launch automatically, even after flash player and shockwave player are
          > installed. It does work if you select IE from the program list to load teh
          > program. I would like this to load into a flash player on autoboot. How can i
          > accomplish this?

that's because IE is not program that runs SWF files, it is the plug in
          within the program. So you have two choices. Either open HTML which
          associate with browsers but can't do Auto run (there was small tool
          while ago that could do it but it does not work anymore with the windows SP2)
          or you can make your movie an EXE projector. EXE can by auto run from INF
          and it does not require user to have the plug in as upon exporting to EXE flash
          will wrap a player around the file for you.

--
          Regards

Urami

--

Happy New Year guys - all the best there is in the 2006 :)

<urami>
          http://www.Flashfugitive.com
          </urami>

<web junk free>
          http://www.firefox.com
          </web junk free>