1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2006 8:21 AM by peterent

Flex 2

skanwal
      Hi There,

Well I am a designer and new to Flex. I want to know is it possible for a designer to build a presentation in flex.

Thanks
      Sonika.
        • 1. Re: Flex 2
          peterent Level 2
          It is possible to make presentation in Flex. I assume you mean a sequence of "slides" like Powerpoint.

Look at the ViewStack navigation control. It arranges its children so that you can only see 1 child at a time. You can then apply effects to transition between the children, like a Wipe or Fade.

The children of a ViewStack must be Containers - such as Canvas, HBox, VBox. For a presentation I would use Canvas because you can easily position the elements.

Then you need a way to move from slide to slide (child to child). Add a button either on every slide or outside the ViewStack that changes the ViewStack's selectedIndex property (the first child is 0, the next is 1, etc.).

Use the Flex Builder 2 design view if you have Flex Builder 2. This will make positioning the slides easier.

Read up on: ViewStack, Canvas, Effects (Wipe and Fade for example), Buttons