2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2006 6:14 PM by SoulSun69

Flash unexplainable bug

SoulSun69
      So I've experienced this for the third time now. I create a flash movie and it doesn't work even though the code seems okay. Given that I'm still learning I assume the problem lies within my code. So I create a new file and reconstruct the movie piece by piece to figure out what is causing my problem. Finally I have an exact, and I mean exact duplicate of my original movie that somehow works. Everything is the same, as I am using the same elements from the original movie's library. I even go so far as to copy the code from the new movie and paste it back into the old movie in the same places, yet the old movie still does not work. I've literly checked every single element and frame to make sure everything is identical. There is absolutely no logical reason why one movie works and the other does not. Is it possible for an fla to become corrupted? Is anyone else experiencing this or does anyone have any kind of explanation for this. Thanks
        • 1. Re: Flash unexplainable bug
          Level 7

SoulSun69 wrote:
          > So I've experienced this for the third time now. I create a flash movie and it
          > doesn't work even though the code seems okay. Given that I'm still learning I
          > assume the problem lies within my code. So I create a new file and reconstruct
          > the movie piece by piece to figure out what is causing my problem. Finally I
          > have an exact, and I mean exact duplicate of my original movie that somehow
          > works. Everything is the same, as I am using the same elements from the
          > original movie's library. I even go so far as to copy the code from the new
          > movie and paste it back into the old movie in the same places, yet the old
          > movie still does not work. I've literly checked every single element and frame
          > to make sure everything is identical. There is absolutely no logical reason why
          > one movie works and the other does not. Is it possible for an fla to become
          > corrupted? Is anyone else experiencing this or does anyone have any kind of
          > explanation for this. Thanks

could be corrupted and if the code was in FLA sample, it could be saved in flash MX
          or MX 2004 and as long as run within this setting it works but once you open
          new file which by default is Flash 8 ActionScript 2, it might stop working.

--
          Regards

Urami

--

Happy New Year guys - all the best there is in the 2006 :)

<urami>
          http://www.Flashfugitive.com
          </urami>

<web junk free>
          http://www.firefox.com
          </web junk free>
          • 2. Re: Flash unexplainable bug
            SoulSun69 Level 1
            Thanks for the response. The code was created in Flash 8 Professional from scratch. Was not something I copied and pasted from another fla file. I guess it's just frustrating because I am writting proper code, spending hours trying to figure out where I went wrong. Only to find that my file is buggy.