3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2009 1:24 PM by Newsgroup_User

INdicating SWF version on mxmlc command line?

kjsperl
      I have been unable to embed SWF version 7 files into FLEX SDK 3.2. Is there any way on the mxmlc command line to indicate that embedded SWF files were built as Version 7 SWF objects? I am just fishing for a solution here. The error I get from the compile is "unable to create source" for any version 7 SWF I have. The SWF files were built with Quark Interactive Designer and I am caught between a rock and hard place. Quark saying their SWF's are standard SWF files (version 7) and Adobe saying there must be something wrong with the SWF files. That's what I get with trying to get these two environments to talk to each other.
        • 1. Re: INdicating SWF version on mxmlc command line?
          Level 7

"kjsperl" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gkihri$k2o$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have been unable to embed SWF version 7 files into FLEX SDK 3.2. Is there
          >any
          > way on the mxmlc command line to indicate that embedded SWF files were
          > built as
          > Version 7 SWF objects? I am just fishing for a solution here. The error I
          > get
          > from the compile is "unable to create source" for any version 7 SWF I
          > have. The
          > SWF files were built with Quark Interactive Designer and I am caught
          > between a
          > rock and hard place. Quark saying their SWF's are standard SWF files
          > (version
          > 7) and Adobe saying there must be something wrong with the SWF files.
          > That's
          > what I get with trying to get these two environments to talk to each
          > other.

Do they have to be embedded? What happens if you load them through
          swfLoader?

• 2. Re: INdicating SWF version on mxmlc command line?
            kjsperl Level 1
            AMy,

Thats getting a bit beyond my ability. In any case, I have been able to get the Quark Version 7 SWF to work with another page flip environment by discovering an undocumented switch for indicating SWF version 7 (it was defaulting to SWF version 8) and all works fine. So, that is something.

If I could have some way of telling FLEX SDK that the SWF's I am embedding are version 7, I might be home free.

• 3. Re: INdicating SWF version on mxmlc command line?
              Level 7

"kjsperl" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gkitn1$6gj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > AMy,
              >
              > Thats getting a bit beyond my ability. In any case, I have been able to
              > get
              > the Quark Version 7 SWF to work with another page flip environment by
              > discovering an undocumented switch for indicating SWF version 7 (it was
              > defaulting to SWF version 8) and all works fine. So, that is something.
              >
              > If I could have some way of telling FLEX SDK that the SWF's I am embedding
              > are
              > version 7, I might be home free.

Sorry... I use Builder :)