3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2006 5:59 AM by Newsgroup_User

Export Flash Movie SEQUENCE

Pete_Hughes
      I have many movies with typically several frames. We want to run these for distance learning and want to served the frames up one at a time. I guess I need to break each these of these movies up into single frame SWFs. Flash will export a movie as a sequence of GIFs, WMFs and so on, but is there a way to get a sequence of SWFs?
        • 1. Re: Export Flash Movie SEQUENCE
          Pete_Hughes Level 1
          Well I got around it for now by making wrappers that calls the whole mess up, and then jump to the particular frame that needs to be shown. So I have a whole series of SWFs 'CallFrame1', 'CallFrame2' etc.

Life in the fast lane
          • 2. Re: Export Flash Movie SEQUENCE
            Level 7
            afaik, there isnt a way to export a flash doc as an SWF sequence. You would have to either export as
            an image sequence and then have each image loaded at runtime into an SWF or you could copy each
            frame into a new FLA and export as an SWF - it might be me but i think there may be a better way...

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
            --> www.mudbubble.com
            --> www.keyframer.com

Pete Hughes wrote:
            > I have many movies with typically several frames. We want to run these for
            > distance learning and want to served the frames up one at a time. I guess I
            > need to break each these of these movies up into single frame SWFs. Flash will
            > export a movie as a sequence of GIFs, WMFs and so on, but is there a way to get
            > a sequence of SWFs?
            >
            • 3. Re: Export Flash Movie SEQUENCE
              Level 7
              yeah - i was thinking the same - just have go to and stop (on particular frames) for each?

Pete Hughes wrote:
              > Well I got around it for now by making wrappers that calls the whole mess up,
              > and then jump to the particular frame that needs to be shown. So I have a whole
              > series of SWFs 'CallFrame1', 'CallFrame2' etc.
              >
              > Life in the fast lane
              >