• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Opinions, other options?

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2006 Jul 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a help system for a web application designed in house. What are the competing products to RoboHelp and what the pros and cons of each? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jip

Well, you did ask for any feedback.

Personally, I find it rather offensive that one would ask a question such as this in a forum designed to support RoboHelp. We all use RoboHelp here. We all actually ENJOY using RoboHelp. From our standpoint, we have no need to look for "competing applications".

You might find your question better received and more appropriately asked over on a list such as HATT or TECHWR-L.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Captiv8r
Hi Jip

Well, you did ask for any feedback.

Personally, I find it rather offensive that one would ask a question such as this in a forum designed to support RoboHelp. We all use RoboHelp here. We all actually ENJOY using RoboHelp. From our standpoint, we have no need to look for "competing applications".

You might find your question better received and more appropriately asked over on a list such as HATT or TECHWR-L.

Sincerely... Rick

Sometimes the issue is cost. Perhaps there is a competing product that does some of the things RoboHelp does at a fraction of the cost? Don't feel threatened just b/c competing products are mentioned in an Adobe forum. Adobe/Macromedia can stand up to the comparisons and scrutiny just fine. Thanks for taking the time to respond though. I appreicate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Jip

LOL, I never said I felt threatened. Only that I personally found the question to be a bit offensive and misplaced. I compare it to visiting someone's house for dinner where they are serving a wonderful specially prepared lasagna. And in the middle of the meal, asking what other houses or restaurants you might visit to get lasagna.

The question in and of itself isn't bad, per se. Only misplaced and asked in the wrong venue. Common courtesy and deference to the cook (in this case, Adobe) would mandate that you not ask the question while at the dinner table.

Now had the question been one along the lines of: RoboHelp doesn't do this particular aspect I need. Can anyone recommend a product that might offer this? I could see it falling right in line. Actually, I have recommended other competing products over in the Captivate forums, as they accomplish their goals in a much different manner than Captivate does. More aligned with what they are trying to accomplish. So as you can see, we aren't worried about mentioning competing products. But until we know what need RoboHelp isn't meeting (other than cost) we can't really justify making recommendations.

Hopefully that provides more illumination as to my initial response.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp