4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2006 6:14 AM by Newsgroup_User

Buttons point to the wrong directory

black6pack69
      I created a website for a client, and working from my computer everything works fine. Once everything was transferred to the clients computer I started having problems. When I export the Fireworks buttons into an htm document (on their computer), and then insert the buttons into the template page, all the buttons point to the "templates" directory instead of the main directory. It looks like this "www.website.com/templates/webpage.htm" how do I fix this. On the clients computer no matter how or where I export the buttons.htm document, once inserted into the template page, all the buttons point to the template directory.
        • 1. Re: Buttons point to the wrong directory
          black6pack69 Level 1
          Nobody? Did I stump the entire Macromedia team?
          • 2. Re: Buttons point to the wrong directory
            Level 7
            Macromedia team?
            There is none.

Adobe team members do not typically visit here. If you have a technical
            issue then you'll need to contact them directly.

"black6pack69" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:ea5plc$q7l$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Nobody? Did I stump the entire Macromedia team?

• 3. Re: Buttons point to the wrong directory
              yellowcave Level 1
              I have found that the "address" code generated by the Fireworks export is not generally usable, ie it may work from one location but when you put it in a different folder the address is relative and so doesn't work.

I have had to manually edit the code to point to site root addresses before I could incorporate it.
              Also found that in Fireworks 8 I had to type the addresses for links, there is no browse option.
              Also it exports the images to the images folder but doesn't have an option for site root addressing. It is almost as if the Fireworks and Macromedia teams are from different planets.
              • 4. Re: Buttons point to the wrong directory
                Level 7
                yellowcave wrote:
                > I have found that the "address" code generated by the Fireworks export is not
                > generally usable, ie it may work from one location but when you put it in a
                > different folder the address is relative and so doesn't work.

That's the way document relative links work.
                >
                > I have had to manually edit the code to point to site root addresses before I
                > could incorporate it.
                > Also found that in Fireworks 8 I had to type the addresses for links, there
                > is no browse option.

Fireworks was developed for creating Web images. It is not a WYSIWYG or
                any other kind of HTML editor. Use Dreamweaver for this kind of markup.

--
                Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
                --------------------------------------------------------------
                http://www.projectseven.com
                Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
                CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
                --------------------------------------------------------------