Fading Text

Level 7
      I'm trying to have text appear by fading in from left to right and then
      fade away, again from left to right.

Anyone have any idea how to do this?

Thanks,
      Greg
        • 1. Re: Fading Text
          well you could always try starting with the transparent colour and then fade to the colour you want using the colours panel.
          • 2. Re: Fading Text
            Level 7
            I'm trying to do something like the text here: http://sparitual.com/

Greg

10928759124598124875 wrote:
            > well you could always try starting with the transparent colour and then fade to the colour you want using the colours panel.
            • 3. Re: Fading Text
              10928759124598124875 Level 1
              im sure you could go to the colours panel with a gradient and have the gradient shift with no colour to a colour you want. lets say you wanted it to become red. simply make there be no coulour on each side of the red and then click later on the timeline to do the same on the opposite side. sorry my explenations stink. tell me if you dont understand.
              • 4. Re: Fading Text
                Boerboel649
                He doesn't need to do any gradient stuff... Just convert the text to a movie clip, and then on the first keyframe set alpha to 0% and then make another keyframe in the same layer further down the timeline and set the alpha to 100% and then right click in between the two keyframes and click Create Motion Tween. To achieve the left to right thing, just move the text where you want it to come from in the first keyframe, and I didn't explain myself well enough let me know.
                • 5. Re: Fading Text
                  Level 7
                  I've been trying this but it's not working. Do I need to do Free
                  Transformation? I can get it to fade in and out when previewing with
                  Enter, but it doesn't seem to work Ctr+Enter.

The effect need to keep the text in one place and have it appear from
                  the left to the right and then soon fade away in the same direction.

Thanks,
                  Greg

Boerboel649 wrote:
                  > He doesn't need to do any gradient stuff... Just convert the text to a movie
                  > clip, and then on the first keyframe set alpha to 0% and then make another
                  > keyframe in the same layer further down the timeline and set the alpha to 100%
                  > and then right click in between the two keyframes and click Create Motion
                  > Tween. To achieve the left to right thing, just move the text where you want
                  > it to come from in the first keyframe, and I didn't explain myself well enough
                  > let me know.
                  >
                  • 6. Re: Fading Text
                    Boerboel649 Level 1
                    OH, ok sorry I thought you wanted it to move from left to right as it faded in (ie start maybe on the right edge of the stage and move to the center). Not quite sure how to do what you want to do.
                    • 7. Re: Fading Text
                      Flanders_ZA-IgqhAi
                      Assuming your BG is one colour... you could create a graphic with a gradient ranging from BG colour to transparent and then, on it's own layer above the text, tween the graphic horizontally until you achieve the desired effect. ie. you start with the opaque portion of the graphic over the text so the text appears invisible, then tween until the text starts to emerge and finally is entirely visible.