Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Administrator "moved" My RH Files

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

The system administrator at my office "moved" each employee's user profiles due to a power outage last night (I have no idea what exactly that means, other than all of my applications are behaving like this is the first day I have ever used them, asking for lisence keys and the like). When I got to work this morning, Robohelp could not call any saved projects, everything had to be opened manually, but so far, so good, everything seems to be functioning and in-tact for the most part.

I can generate my projects, but I cannot view them. I am sure there is a setting somewhere (RoboHelp x5) that was erased or turned off when the move happened. When the generation process is complete, I can select View Result. However, the following appears in the Output Tab (not sure this is of any importance either way):

Starting compilation...
WebHelp preprocessor 13.10.801

Compiling H:\My Documents\Product Documentation\v2_Version_1.1\!SSL!\For_Standard_User\V2.htm ...

Preparing to create WebHelp...
Clearing output folder...
Preparing files for WebHelp...
Copying files...
Updating files...
Finished preparing in 6 sec(s)

Initializing compiler...
Generating WebHelp 5.50 (13.10.801)...

Template Active Script Error: (null) [Line: 13] (null)
Template Error: can not resolve macro: RegisterResolvers

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: RegisterResolvers in compilation script.
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_HOME_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: SF_HOMEPAGE_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH2_HTM
Finished compiling WebHelp in 6 sec(s)

Compilation complete.

Does anyone know if there is an option I have to turn back on, or if this is a symptom of RH possibly being moved onto a shared network drive?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Diane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if your System Administrator can do anything to revert back to the original profile and location. Assuming that cannot be done, then you have lost all your application settings. In the case of RH you will have to uninstall and reinstall it making sure that you have admin rights at that time.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2006 Jul 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

To add to Peter's advice about reinstalling with your login and admin rights, make sure you install to your computer's hard drive. The "H:\MyDocuments..." in the compilation message looks like you are running off a network drive at the moment. It's fine to back up to a network drive, but to avoid problems your project needs to be on your hard drive.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter and Anne, and thanks for your advice.

I had a feeling that the symptoms I experienced were a result of my profile being moved to a network drive.

Do you have any words of advice you can give to assist me in persuading my system admin that this is not an ignorable idiosyncrasy of RoboHelp? He does not believe that the program cannot work on a network drive.

Thanks,
Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some confusion all round on this thread with talk of profiles, projects and now the application itself being located on a network.

Anne is quite correct to point out that projects should not be on a network. RH is based on an Access database and they are notorious for problems on a network. Adobe themselves advise you not to do that but of course if your System Administrator knows better...

Roaming profiles are stored on a server but you will still only be able to use RH on the PC on which it was installed. Other profiles are stored on the hard disk of the user's PC.

As to installing RH on a server, that is in breach of the licence so perhaps that will persuade your System Administrator to install the application on your PC.

What you MUST have is RH installed on your PC using your logon for the installation and it must have admin rights at the time. See the topic on my site about installation.

If you need to come back, please clarify what is on the network, your profile, your project or the application.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2006 Aug 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, and thanks again for your response.

I had RH installed per "What you MUST have is RH installed on your PC using your logon for the installation and it must have admin rights at the time," and I get the following error each and every time I open the program:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2006 Aug 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
...and the error is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp