2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2006 10:43 AM by JenMQui

frame label activated loaders?

JenMQui

Thank you for reading!

I have a loader that loads external jpgs with button presses. works fine

I would also like the loader to load am image when it reaches a frame label, just as if I have pressed the button on that frame.

The way I thought to be simple didn't work. I may have done this wrong, and the complex method had its own complexities.

• 1. Re: frame label activated loaders?
          Rothrock Level 5
          This is one of those cases where people like to make it far more complex than it is and they end up psyching themselves out.

Anything that you do in a button:

myButton.onRelease=function(){
          trace("hello");
          }

Can be done without any user intervention or on a frame by just putting a keyframe on the frame you want and putting the code without the onRelease event handler:

trace("hello");

That is all it takes. It really couldn't be any simpler.
          • 2. Re: frame label activated loaders?
            JenMQui Level 1
            Thank you, and yes you are so right. I was experiencing complications with two loaders in the same swf both loading external jpgs from the same folder that were clashing. I brought them into levels and realized there would be an action script tie-in placed in other swfs related to the project to remove them from the stage once a new swf loaded for a page change. My goal was to keep the script independant and have all files manage their own affairs for a better overall use. Taking a step back solved the problem.

Thank you for taking the time to address something simple.