2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2006 8:24 AM by rainer.bohnert

Unable to publish locally on a network share

rainer.bohnert Level 1
      I am trying to publish a breezo locally (which means in my companies LAN) on a network share. Unfortunately - I can not preview the breezo.
      Do I have to keep everything (.ppt, .ppc, .flv ... + all the files belonging to my breezo) locally ?

Asks

Rainer
        • 1. Re: Unable to publish locally on a network share
          Ingrid_the_Great! Level 1
          What do you mean you cannot preview the Breezo? In PowerPoint, go to Breeze, Publish - do you see My Computer on the left side? If not, this might mean you're using a Trial Version and you only have rights to publish to a server.

If you can publish to My Computer, do you not see the View Output button after the conversion completes?

If you have the files on the shared drive, you need to open the index.htm file to preview.

So, to answer your question, you don't need to save the source files (.ppt or .ppc files) with the .swf files or locally.
          • 2. Re: Unable to publish locally on a network share
            rainer.bohnert Level 1
            > What do you mean you cannot preview the Breezo?

Sorry for not beeing specific: I can seee the (ex) ppt-Slides but I can not see the video talking head and can not listen to the sound

> In PowerPoint, go to Breeze, Publish - do you see
            > My Computer on the left side? If not, this might mean
            > you're using a Trial Version and you only have rights
            > to publish to a server.

i am not using a trial version, i do have the full version

> If you can publish to My Computer, do you not see the
            > View Output button after the conversion completes?

see above: i can see (hear) the whole presentation when i publish to c: (locally) but not when i publish to the drive t: (network drive)

> If you have the files on the shared drive, you need to open the index.htm file to preview.

thats exactly what i did - and the video does not appear - only after publishing to c:
            this might also be a flash feature - unfortunatly - i do not have a clue :-(

but thanks for your help anyway!