Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting conditional TOC problems

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the thing,

I am working on a rather large project using RH 7 from which i create a 400 page manual.

In some cases at the TOC level i reference topics twice. This of course works fine when navigating the online help but is causing issues when creating printed documentation. Basically in quite a few cases i want to set a topic for online only in one section of the TOC and print only somewhere else. When i then produce the printed manual, any topics that i have set to online only that are referenced somewhere else are printed into Word as well.....

Is there a way of setting a duplicated topic in the TOC to be both online and print only?

I obviously know about these topics that i do not want to be printed into word and delete them accordingly. The problem is we are outsourcing all our documentation to be translated and although i can advice them to delete the topics, one less thing to worry about is a good thing when it comes to translations - especially as we are translating into Mandarin (gulp)

I hope all this makes sense!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH7 allows multiple TOCs so could you not maintain one for online and one for print? Each time you print you would clear the layout and refresh it with the latest Print TOC.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Cheers Peter - i think i will take your advice. It will require a bit more maintenance but it certainly fixes the problem.

thanks again,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp