3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2006 10:42 AM by Lithium_Nitrate

Mulitiple, independent animations in a single file

Lithium_Nitrate
      It seems from all the adobe help files i read, this is possible, but i can't figure out how to do it. More specifically, i want to know how i can control multiple images (animations) in sequence within a single gif (say, a banner, for instance).

eg: say i have three items in the gif. the first one i want to slide left, then i want the 2nd item to fade in AFTER the first is done, then i want the third to rotate after the 2nd is finished, then finally, have the 2nd item fade back out. is something like this even possible in FW8?

i've been screwing around for hours trying to get objects to animate independently and/or sequentially from each other, but can't figure it out. they all keep animating simultaneously.

i have the FW8 training from the source book, but it only scratches at the surface of animation. can anyone explain how to do this or recommend a good, deep book or website on FW8? i was shocked at how there are almost no books on FW out there, at least where i looked.
        • 1. Re: Mulitiple, independent animations in a single file
          Level 7
          Flash would be the tool of choice for me on this problem. Unless there
          is a specific reason why a flash file is undesirable.

alex

Lithium Nitrate wrote:
          > It seems from all the adobe help files i read, this is possible, but i can't
          > figure out how to do it. More specifically, i want to know how i can control
          > multiple images (animations) in sequence within a single gif (say, a banner,
          > for instance).
          >
          > eg: say i have three items in the gif. the first one i want to slide left,
          > then i want the 2nd item to fade in AFTER the first is done, then i want the
          > third to rotate after the 2nd is finished, then finally, have the 2nd item fade
          > back out. is something like this even possible in FW8?
          >
          > i've been screwing around for hours trying to get objects to animate
          > independently and/or sequentially from each other, but can't figure it out.
          > they all keep animating simultaneously.
          >
          > i have the FW8 training from the source book, but it only scratches at the
          > surface of animation. can anyone explain how to do this or recommend a good,
          > deep book or website on FW8? i was shocked at how there are almost no books on
          > FW out there, at least where i looked.
          >
          • 2. Re: Mulitiple, independent animations in a single file
            Level 7
            Lithium Nitrate wrote:

> eg: say i have three items in the gif. the first one i want to slide left,
            > then i want the 2nd item to fade in AFTER the first is done, then i want the
            > third to rotate after the 2nd is finished, then finally, have the 2nd item fade
            > back out. is something like this even possible in FW8?

Yes.

> i've been screwing around for hours trying to get objects to animate
            > independently and/or sequentially from each other, but can't figure it out.
            > they all keep animating simultaneously.

You need to start them on different frames. Let's say you have an image
            you want to fade out. You convert it to a symbol, and set it to rotate
            clockwise and fade out. As that symbol fades out, you want another
            symbol to fade in. In the Frames panel, click through the frames of the
            animation until you find the one in which the first symbol is about
            halfway through its fade sequence. Create the second symbol, the one
            that fades in, on that frame.

--
            Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            http://www.projectseven.com
            Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
            CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
            Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            • 3. Mulitiple, independent animations in a single file
              Lithium_Nitrate Level 1
              Linda, thank you! that was the crack that broke open the dam for me. thanks again...