4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2006 12:56 AM by this.sonix

Flex 2 on JRun4

this.sonix Level 1
      Hi Everyone
      I have a Problem configuring my JRun4.
      I installed CFusion MX7 with the integrated JRun4.
      After that I installed flex 2 Data services without JRun4, unpacked the war-Archives an copied them into JRun4/servers/, configured it, and it works.

But....

My Problem is that I developed my Flex2 Application on a Tomcat 5.5 with Java Remote Objects.
      Tomcat 5.5\webapps\flex\Messe *for my App
      Tomcat 5.5\webapps\flex\WEB-INF\classes *for my Java Classes
      Tomcat 5.5\webapps\flex\WEB-INF\flex *for Flex Config

and now I want to migrate this Application to my installed JRun4.
      The Problem is, that after my Application is startet, my Remote Object Methods do not work anymore, and there are no fault Message, ...just nothing happens after a click.

Now I hope anyone can help me configuring my JRun4.

Thanks!

Greets
      Sonix
        • 1. Re: Flex 2 on JRun4
          jrunrandy Adobe Employee
          I can help you with some of the basics. First a few questions:
          * Did you create a new server or are you using jrun4/servers/cfusion for your server instance?
          * Did you expand and deploy flex.war? For JRun 4, it's best to deploy the expanded WAR (unlike with Tomcat).

Let's start with that.
          • 2. Re: Flex 2 on JRun4
            GA_Canuck
            I have a similar setup: Jrun 4, CFMX 7.0.2.
            I'm trying to get the Flex 2 Data Services examples to run.

quote:

Originally posted by: jrunrandy
            I can help you with some of the basics. First a few questions:
            * Did you create a new server or are you using jrun4/servers/cfusion for your server instance?
            * Did you expand and deploy flex.war? For JRun 4, it's best to deploy the expanded WAR (unlike with Tomcat).

Let's start with that.

I created a seperate server for "flexsamples" (jrun4\servers\flexsamples).
            I expanded the samples.war into the following folder under that: default-ear\default-war\

I'm getting some errors in the flexsamples-event.log:
            error Could not pre-load servlet: MessageBrokerServlet
            [1]org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy. You have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed. ....

i suspect this is why I get "send failed" whenever i try to run any of the sample applications.

any help?
            • 3. Re: Flex 2 on JRun4
              this.sonix Level 1
              Hi Jrunrandy,

# I installed Coldfusion MX 7 with JRun4 Multiserver setup and for Flex i tried to use a new server
              # I expanded the Flex.war an copied it into Jrun4\servers\
              # After that I've created a new server with standard port settings: HTTP: 8301, ...
              and copied my App into JRun4\servers\Messe\.
              My Java Classes (and config) into JRun4\servers\flex\WEB-INF\(flex)
              # Then I deployed a new Web Application at the Management Console for the flex-Server

Now If i call http://localhost:8301/flex/Messe/Messe.mxml everything seems to be fine, Flex is compiling and loading,
              but the rpc / Remote Objects are not working.

Thx for any help
              • 4. Re: Flex 2 on JRun4
                this.sonix Level 1
                Hi,

Problem solved ...
                I used Java 5 Classes for my Application / Remote Objects and my JRun was using only Java 1.4.
                After Updating Jrun to Update 6 and setting the JDK Path to my JDK 5 it works !

Thx.
                Sonix