1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2009 8:20 AM by Newsgroup_User

Display event for a TitleWindow?

garry.b Level 1
      Hi,

I have a TitleWindow attached to a button; the button is pressed and the window displays.
      The window is a "singleton" in the sense that it's created once and the same instance is
      used on each button press. I'd like to listen for an event on the TitleWindow that's fired
      once and only once each time the window is displayed. onCreationComplete is generated only
      once at creation time. A FOCUS_IN event fires more than once each time the window is displayed.
      A SHOW event never fires (apparently, there's no invisible-to-visible transition). Is there
      an event that fires once per window display?

Currently, I'm using the button click event to infer the window display but would like
      my TitleWindow class itself to be able to detect and handle I-am-now-displayed events. Make
      sense?

Thanks, Garry
        • 1. Re: Display event for a TitleWindow?
          Level 7

"garry.b" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gkfo9d$mfs$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          >
          > I have a TitleWindow attached to a button; the button is pressed and the
          > window displays.
          > The window is a "singleton" in the sense that it's created once and the
          > same
          > instance is
          > used on each button press. I'd like to listen for an event on the
          > TitleWindow
          > that's fired
          > once and only once each time the window is displayed. onCreationComplete
          > is
          > generated only
          > once at creation time. A FOCUS_IN event fires more than once each time the
          > window is displayed.
          > A SHOW event never fires (apparently, there's no invisible-to-visible
          > transition). Is there
          > an event that fires once per window display?
          >
          > Currently, I'm using the button click event to infer the window display
          > but
          > would like
          > my TitleWindow class itself to be able to detect and handle
          > I-am-now-displayed
          > events. Make
          > sense?

UpdateComplete might work.

HTH;

Amy