5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2006 8:34 AM by derobinson

Flash to DVD?

MrRenton
      I've never done anything like this before, but I am sure some of you have - I need to create a flash menu for a business that will put this dvd in a dvd player and have it play on LCD screens, much like Sheetz (hopefully some of you know what I'm talking about - the touch screen monitors have...), only this is simply a menu of sorts, they just browse through the menu. I have flash mx professional '04 - I'm planning on making the flash (a normal one with buttons and sorts), but I can't find very much on-line about how to transfer it to a DVD. Can anyone help me out here?
      Thanks, Renton.
        • 1. Re: Flash to DVD?
          derobinson Level 1
          The DVD video spec does not support Flash. The closest you can come is making some animations for export to video that you could use as a back-ground, but no interactivity from Flash to DVD. You'll only be able to use Flash if you hook up PCs to those LCDs.

Sorry...I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear...Good luck!
          • 2. Re: Flash to DVD?
            MrRenton Level 1
            What about those 'Flash on TV' programs? Those wouldn't be capable of doing what I need? And a CD won't work either?

Thanks again, Renton
            • 3. Re: Flash to DVD?
              derobinson Level 1
              hey Renton. Not sure what "Flash on TV" programs you're talking about. If you know about something, I'd love to hear about it!

You can animate in Flash and produce a video that could be burned to a DVD video disc and played ina normal DVD player, but there isn't any interactivity there, just animation. A DVD interface requires interactivity so that you can select what you want to play and like I said, the DVD spec doesn't support Flash as such.

On a CD, you'd probably be looking to build a Flash projector (an executable) that would need to run off of a PC.
              • 4. Re: Flash to DVD?
                MrRenton Level 1
                Sorry, alot of things flew way over my head. First of all, the Flash on TV (flash-on-tv.com) burns flash files to dvd's, but only movies, like you said. The whole time I had been thinking that I could have interaction. Thanks again, and sorry for the misunderstanding.

-Renton
                • 5. Re: Flash to DVD?
                  derobinson Level 1
                  hey Renton! Thanks for the link!