2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2006 1:10 PM by nymukilo

samples not working on oracle?

nymukilo
      I've setup the flex samples using oracle app server 10.1.2.0.2. The dashboard sample is what I am trying to use. I can get the browser-based clients to message (chat) back and forth just fine. When I try to throw a java client in there, it can send chat messages to the browser clients, but when the browser based clients send a message, the java client throws an exception:

quote:

javax.jms.JMSException: getObject
      at com.evermind.server.jms.JMSUtils.makeJMSException(JMSUtils.java:1844)
      at com.evermind.server.jms.JMSUtils.toJMSException(JMSUtils.java:1860)
      at com.evermind.server.jms.EvermindObjectMessage.getObject(EvermindObjectMessage.java:128)
      at samples.dashboard.JMSChat.onMessage(JMSChat.java:120)
      at com.evermind.server.jms.EvermindSession.doListener(EvermindSession.java:1327)
      at com.evermind.server.jms.EvermindSession.handleMessage(EvermindSession.java:1143)
      at com.evermind.server.jms.EvermindMessageConsumer.handleMessage(EvermindMessageConsumer.jav a:445)
      at com.evermind.server.jms.EvermindMessageConsumer.access$300(EvermindMessageConsumer.java:4 0)
      at com.evermind.server.jms.EvermindMessageConsumer$1.run(EvermindMessageConsumer.java:399)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have no idea what is going on, the line reads: Map body = (Map)message.getObject(); Nothing earth-shattering going on here. Anybody else have this problem?
        • 1. Re: samples not working on oracle?
          Mete Atamel Level 1
          Did you folow the directions given with the sample?

Using JMS for Messaging

For an example of how to send messages to the Flex clients using JMS, you can enable the JMS version of the Feed class in your configuration files. Modify the remoting-config.xml file by commenting out the dashboard_feed_control entry that has samples.dashboard.Feed as its source, and uncomment the samples.dashboard.JMSFeed entry. Then modify the messaging-config.xml file by commenting out the dashboard_feed that uses Flex messaging, and uncommenting the version that uses JMS.

If you are using the version of Adobe's Macromedia JRun that is included with Flex Data Services, you do not have to make any changes. If you are not using JRun, you must modify the messaging-config.xml file and the JMSFeed class to match the entries for your application server.

Adobe has also provided a small Swing application that lets you participate in the same chat as the Flex clients. To enable this application, you must modify the messaging-config.xml file by commenting out the dashboard_chat that uses Flex messaging, and uncommenting the version that uses JMS.

If you are using the version of JRun that is included with Flex Data Services, you do not have to make any changes. If you are not using JRun, you must modify the messaging-config.xml file and the JMSChat class to match the entries for your application server.

To run the Swing chat client, the jrun_root/lib/jrun.jar file, WEB-INF/lib/flex-messaging.jar file, and the WEB-INF/classes directory must be in the source path, as the following example shows:

cd samples_root/WEB-INF/classes
          java -cp ".;../lib/flex-messaging.jar;jrun_root/lib/jrun.jar" samples.dashboard.JMSChat

No changes are necessary to your MXML or ActionScript files to try the JMS version.
          • 2. Re: samples not working on oracle?
            nymukilo Level 1
            I almost followed the directions.
            I had the JMSChat.java and JMSFeed.java files in eclipse and I forgot to add flex-messaging.jar to my library path. Once I added that, it worked.