2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2006 7:26 AM by 143

Text Box

Hi,

I have a problem in Director while holding th scroll bar in the text box i am able to type inside the text box. how to avoid that.

I have te code attached here. The Key down function queues they key pressed and when i release the scroller i am getting the text displayed. Can you tell me how to over come this.

Thanks
      P.Suresh
        • 1. Re: Text Box
          Level 7
          On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 06:22:46 GMT, 143 posted in macromedia.director.lingo:

> I have a problem in Director while holding th scroll bar in the text box i
          am able to type inside the text box. how to avoid that.

You could try using pointToLine() in your mouseUp function. Set the member to
          editable only if pointToLine() returns a number (it doesn't return anything
          when clicking on a #text member's scroll bar controls).

I would also suggest setting the sprite's cursor in the beginSprite and
          endSprite events. mouseWithin is executed continuously at the frame rate.

--
          Mark A. Boyd
          Keep-On-Learnin' :)
          • 2. Re: Text Box
            143 Level 1
            Hi Mark,

Thanks for the immidate reply.My problem is that the keydown function queues up the key pressed and prints the valuse in the text box once i release the mouse like type writing effect. So when mouse is pressed i wana kill keydown() function so that it will not capture the keydown events.How to do this.

Hope i am clear now with my question. Sorry for my english also.

thanks in advance

P.Suresh