0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2006 9:05 PM by 3bc

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.

3bc
      I have an application that allows the user to switch between multiple filters and perform bulk assignments to values in the XMLListCollection. As I use the application, everything will work perfectly for a time, but eventually the following exception will be thrown:
      TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
      at mx.controls::DataGrid/mx.controls:DataGrid::commitEditedItemPosition()[C:\dev\GMC\sdk\fra meworks\mx\controls\DataGrid.as:3249]
      at mx.controls::DataGrid/mx.controls:DataGrid::updateDisplayList()[C:\dev\GMC\sdk\frameworks \mx\controls\DataGrid.as:1220]
      at mx.core::UIComponent/validateDisplayList()[C:\dev\GMC\sdk\frameworks\mx\core\UIComponent. as:5672]
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/mx.managers:LayoutManager::validateDisplayList()[C:\dev\GMC\sd k\frameworks\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:594]
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/mx.managers:LayoutManager::doPhasedInstantiation()[C:\dev\GMC\ sdk\frameworks\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:664]
      at Function/ http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
      at mx.core::UIComponent/mx.core:UIComponent::callLaterDispatcher2()[C:\dev\GMC\sdk\framework s\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7789]
      at mx.core::UIComponent/mx.core:UIComponent::callLaterDispatcher()[C:\dev\GMC\sdk\frameworks \mx\core\UIComponent.as:7732]

When I debug the code it appears that in the failure is on the following line:
      event.columnIndex = displayableColumns[colIndex].colNum;
      and that the value of colIndex (5) is beyond the range of displayableColumns (0-4)

Note: I am also using an ItemRenderer on two of the 5 five columns using a checkbox that assigns values to the underlying data.

Mark