1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2006 12:43 AM by Newsgroup_User

Adding Flash Music to HTML Site

josejb70 Level 1
      Hi everyone,

I need help adding background music to a site. YES! YES! I know the million reasons not to do it, but the client wants it so I am going to do it :-)

Once I create the SWF file with the music I want to stream, how can I add it to the HTML code so it will play continuously throughout the site instead of re-starting every time the user moves from one page to another?

Thanks in advance for your help

Jose
        • 1. Re: Adding Flash Music to HTML Site
          Level 7
          Ho Jose

> I need help adding background music to a site. YES! YES! I know the million
          > reasons not to do it, but the client wants it so I am going to do it :-)

Sound because big part of Internet, unlike annoying well know TV theme Midi
          files, flash is more tolerable, especially now when most of users has broadband
          access :)

> Once I create the SWF file with the music I want to stream, how can I add it
          > to the HTML code so it will play continuously throughout the site instead of
          > re-starting every time the user moves from one page to another?

This will be problem. Unless you use frames to make sure the SWF does not reload,
          you can't play it across multiple pages. Flash initialize each time you open html
          document via its object and embed tags, which require time, than it will automatically
          start playing from beginning, restating each time you enter new page.
          With frames you can keep in within same window and html so it does not restart while
          other content loads in frames.

http://www.kennybellew.com/tutorial/
          Very detail tutorials on Sound in flash, from basic stop/play to complex,
          dynamic players with all kind of bells and whistles

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>