13 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2006 10:11 PM by dbick

Box Around Flash Images - "Click to activate..." What's Up?

RichsWebDesign
      Lately when I do a MouseOver on most Flash graphics that I have created, it shows "Click to activate and use this control" even if it is NOT a button function. The box is annoying and the MouseOver hand is confusing .... It leads people to believe that the graphic is "clickable" when it may not have been created that way.

Any way to remove this annoyance?
        • 1. Re: Box Around Flash Images - "Click to activate..." What's   Up?
          Level 7
          omg - here we go *again*.
          search - search - search - google - blogs - tech sites - this site (adobe.com) - microsoft.com -
          this forum - anywhere - just scratch the surface and you will find a flood of information about this
          - it has simply been the top 3 most discussed issues in months here alone - in fact as recent as
          within a couple of hours - type what you types into a google search field at least - there will be
          hundreds of thousands of returns - you will get faster answers that way.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

RichsWebDesign wrote:
          > Lately when I do a MouseOver on most Flash graphics that I have created, it
          > shows "Click to activate and use this control" even if it is NOT a button
          > function. The box is annoying and the MouseOver hand is confusing .... It
          > leads people to believe that the graphic is "clickable" when it may not have
          > been created that way.
          >
          > Any way to remove this annoyance?
          >
          • 2. Re: Box Around Flash Images - "Click to activate..." What's   Up?
            Level 7
            actually dont mean to sound harsh or flame - it's just that, it's been discussed so many times all
            over the web that it has become a running joke when it gets posted here on a daily basis :)

--> www.mudbubble.com
            --> www.keyframer.com

Chris Georgenes wrote:
            > omg - here we go *again*.
            > search - search - search - google - blogs - tech sites - this site
            > (adobe.com) - microsoft.com - this forum - anywhere - just scratch the
            > surface and you will find a flood of information about this - it has
            > simply been the top 3 most discussed issues in months here alone - in
            > fact as recent as within a couple of hours - type what you types into a
            > google search field at least - there will be hundreds of thousands of
            > returns - you will get faster answers that way.
            >
            > ******************************************
            > --> **Adobe Certified Expert**
            > --> www.mudbubble.com
            > --> www.keyframer.com
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > RichsWebDesign wrote:
            >
            >> Lately when I do a MouseOver on most Flash graphics that I have
            >> created, it shows "Click to activate and use this control" even if it
            >> is NOT a button function. The box is annoying and the MouseOver hand
            >> is confusing .... It leads people to believe that the graphic is
            >> "clickable" when it may not have been created that way.
            >> Any way to remove this annoyance?
            >>
            • 3. Re: Box Around Flash Images - "Click to activate..." What's   Up?
              Level 7
              http://activecontent.blogspot.com/2006/04/solution.html

--> www.mudbubble.com
              --> www.keyframer.com

Chris Georgenes wrote:
              > actually dont mean to sound harsh or flame - it's just that, it's been
              > discussed so many times all over the web that it has become a running
              > joke when it gets posted here on a daily basis :)
              >
              > ******************************************
              > --> **Adobe Certified Expert**
              > --> www.mudbubble.com
              > --> www.keyframer.com
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > Chris Georgenes wrote:
              >
              >> omg - here we go *again*.
              >> search - search - search - google - blogs - tech sites - this site
              >> (adobe.com) - microsoft.com - this forum - anywhere - just scratch the
              >> surface and you will find a flood of information about this - it has
              >> simply been the top 3 most discussed issues in months here alone - in
              >> fact as recent as within a couple of hours - type what you types into
              >> a google search field at least - there will be hundreds of thousands
              >> of returns - you will get faster answers that way.
              >>
              >> ******************************************
              >> --> **Adobe Certified Expert**
              >> --> www.mudbubble.com
              >> --> www.keyframer.com
              >>
              >>
              >>
              >>
              >> RichsWebDesign wrote:
              >>
              >>> Lately when I do a MouseOver on most Flash graphics that I have
              >>> created, it shows "Click to activate and use this control" even if it
              >>> is NOT a button function. The box is annoying and the MouseOver hand
              >>> is confusing .... It leads people to believe that the graphic is
              >>> "clickable" when it may not have been created that way.
              >>> Any way to remove this annoyance?
              >>>
              • 5. Re: Box Around Flash Images - "Click to activate..." What's Up?
                Nickels55 Level 2
                Chris - I don't know how you do it, but when I answered this question there was no other replies. Then I come back in 20 minutes and you managed to get three messages in before my post when there was nothing there when I posted my answer.

You must live in a world ten minutes behind mine.

PS - I couldn't agree with your post more. This question should be banned and/or ignored at this point.
                • 6. Re: Box Around Flash Images - "Click to activate..."   What's Up?
                  Level 7
                  i use a newsreader (thunderbird) to access and post to the forums - i tried the webforums a couple
                  years ago and they were simply too slow for me - i can reply to 10 newsreader posts in the time it
                  takes me to reply to one web post :)

often i am too fast for my own good and end up replying 3 times to same thread because i forget to
                  include stuff - hitting send too quickly and then realizing i forgot to add something :p

--> www.mudbubble.com
                  --> www.keyframer.com

Nickels55 wrote:
                  > Chris - I don't know how you do it, but when I answered this question there was
                  > no other replies. Then I come back in 20 minutes and you managed to get three
                  > messages in before my post when there was nothing there when I posted my answer.
                  >
                  > You must live in a world ten minutes behind mine.
                  >
                  > PS - I couldn't agree with your post more. This question should be banned
                  > and/or ignored at this point.
                  >
                  • 9. Re: Box Around Flash Images - "Click to activate..."   What's Up?
                    Level 7
                    what do you mean "nothing:? - we posted direct links to the answer for you - told you to google it
                    for even more info - what do you expect us to do for you when all the answers are already out there
                    and easily accessible to you - search this forum - this exact question is asked and asnwered almost
                    daily - it's in the forum FAQ to at least try and do your own part first before posting questions -
                    it helps to avoid redundancy and duplicate posts which do nothing but waste bandwith and people's
                    time helping others with questions whose answers are a lot more difficult to find.

best or luck.
                    -regards

--> www.mudbubble.com
                    --> www.keyframer.com

RichsWebDesign wrote:
                    > Thank you all for NOTHING!
                    • 10. Re: Box Around Flash Images - "Click to activate..." What's Up?
                      Nickels55 Level 2
                      quote:

Originally posted by: RichsWebDesign
                      Thank you all for NOTHING!

Ya get what you pay for!
                      Sorry that we pointed out that you're a dope in the process of answering your question. The same question that has been asked here 10,340,121,234 times.
                      • 11. Re: Box Around Flash Images - "Click to activate..."   What's Up?
                        Level 7

Chris Georgenes wrote:
                        > what do you mean "nothing:? - we posted direct links to the answer for
                        > you - told you to google it for even more info - what do you expect us
                        > to do for you when all the answers are already out there and easily
                        > accessible to you - search this forum - this exact question is asked and
                        > asnwered almost daily - it's in the forum FAQ to at least try and do
                        > your own part first before posting questions - it helps to avoid
                        > redundancy and duplicate posts which do nothing but waste bandwith and
                        > people's time helping others with questions whose answers are a lot more
                        > difficult to find.

and you yet follow up after first post because you felt bad for that
                        guy for being harsh. Chris, post the link I did, it says all you need to say
                        and provide user with solution. Done and Done. If they did not bother,
                        till now, to find it out themselves, especially that it is discussed on the forum
                        regularly so it's hard to miss, they did not deserved your, or anyone else's
                        time, for that matter. Did not learn yet after all this years that if you point
                        to someone his own lameness, regardless how you right - you always the *******,
                        not the user :) There ...see ?

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/?q=activecontent+IE+ActiveX+Change

And there is nothing else to say....

Good weekend boys

regards

urami
                        • 12. Re: Box Around Flash Images - "Click to activate..." What's Up?
                          Level 7
                          What an unappreciateiv a*seh*le

No more help for you .. you're probably to much of an idiot to understand it
                          anyway.

"RichsWebDesign" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                          news:eds47k$qae$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                          > Thank you all for NOTHING!

• 13. Re: Box Around Flash Images - &quot;Click to activate...&quot; What's Up?
                            If this particular question is such a PITA , I have a suggestion - how 'bout not replying to it, and instead replying to mine that I posted yesterday? I'm desperate, and I've received no direction...

Thanks,
                            David