2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2006 6:14 AM by Newsgroup_User

Shared object functionality not working for flas version 7

chan_cabin
      Hi,
      I have created one functionality regarding shared object. I make a login screen. When I submit information it stores the data for the respective users.
      I have stores the data only after clicking the submit button. The main problem is that when I use flash version 7 in public settings during publishing and check application using standalone swf file it won't works. But it working fine for flash version 6. But when I test this in the flash authoring environment it works fine for both the versions. Please do the needful. Thanks in Advance
        • 1. Re: Shared object functionality not working for flas version 7
          chan_cabin Level 1
          quote:

Originally posted by: chan_cabin
          Hi,
          I have created one functionality regarding shared object. I make a login screen. When I submit information it stores the data for the respective users.
          I have stores the data only after clicking the submit button. The main problem is that when I use flash version 7 in public settings during publishing and check application using standalone swf file it won't works. But it working fine for flash version 6. But when I test this in the flash authoring environment it works fine for both the versions. Please do the needful. Thanks in Advance

• 2. Re: Shared object functionality not working for flas version   7
            Level 7

chan_cabin wrote:
            > Hi,
            > I have created one functionality regarding shared object. I make a login
            > screen. When I submit information it stores the data for the respective users.
            > I have stores the data only after clicking the submit button. The main problem
            > is that when I use flash version 7 in public settings during publishing and
            > check application using standalone swf file it won't works. But it working fine
            > for flash version 6. But when I test this in the flash authoring environment it
            > works fine for both the versions. Please do the needful. Thanks in Advance

Check carefully the Low and Capital cases, MX 2004 player 7 is case sensitive and
            I'm more than certain this is the problem here.

Sometimes something as small as SharedObject.getLocal and sharedObject.getLocal
            will make all the difference.

--
            Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
            If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
            </urami>