5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2006 10:59 PM by Rafiq Elmansy, AEL, ACP

Flash Player in explorer - failed installation

lukemath
      I have try to install flash player ActiveX for Explorer, but dont work.
      In Firefox, it works correct.
      But when I go whith Explorer in a webpage whith a flash object, I dont see anithing and when I try to install Flash Player nothing works.
      How can i resolve?
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: Flash Player in explorer - failed installation
          gabe705
          This is a very commen problem which I recently experienced for myself for the first time. Thisis a fairly simple fix (which Adobe has not provided for some reason or another) and involves fixing the registry key, so ensure you create a full system backup and create a restore point. before proceeding.

Visit http://www.donglefree.com/toppage1.htm and follow the instructions.

Regards,
          Gabe
          • 2. Re: Flash Player in explorer - failed installation
            Flyboy85
            gabe705: good call. The link you provided for this worked great after I had fought Adobe for 2 hours to get it to recognize & install Flash. Thanks for your help!
            • 3. Re: Flash Player in explorer - failed installation
              lukemath Level 1
              gabe705 you are great!!!!
              I have solved my problem!
              But now I have a curiosity: Why don't Macromedia help us?
              Thanks!
              • 4. Re: Flash Player in explorer - failed installation
                Level 7
                because "macromedia" doesn't exist anymore - they were bought by Adobe last year - and if you mean
                why dont they respond to this thread - becasue this is a peer-to-peer forum and not official adobe
                support channel. You would need to call or email the proper Adobe customer support to find out how
                they can officially help.

The player has been downloaded bu millions and even a very small percenatage of users can add up to
                a lot of people having technical difficulties installing the player - but due to the myriad setup
                across browsers and platforms - it's quite an effort to figure out the common thread as to why on
                most systems the flash player installs without an yissue while on a few others it fails completely.

Keep in mind most who have problems don't know that they need admin rights or have popup blockers
                that disable flash and other common reasons - all of which adobe has technotes for. I know they
                there are some cases like yours where you have rights and no popup blockers and still have issues -
                unless they are reported through official channels, may not know about them all when just posted here.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
                --> www.mudbubble.com
                --> www.keyframer.com

lukemath wrote:
                > gabe705 you are great!!!!
                > I have solved my problem!
                > But now I have a curiosity: Why don't Macromedia help us?
                > Thanks!
                • 5. Re: Flash Player in explorer - failed installation
                  Rafiq Elmansy, AEL, ACP Level 2
                  Hi,
                  I agree with chris to contact the customer support and report this problem, this is the way to let them know that there is a problem need to be solved.
                  The following link may help reporting your problem:
                  http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/