1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 8, 2006 12:56 PM by Newsgroup_User

importing movies

shadodwlr Level 1
      I'm experiancing something that I consider to be very silly in the project I'm currently working on. In the project I'm working on, I have various wmv movies as well as a a quicktime vr movie. now when I implement these cast members into the actual project size, it is reflected in my projects file size as if the movies are internally put into the file as every other graphical cast member has been, but when I burn just the exe file I've created to disc and bring it to anthother computer it looks for the wmv and quicktime files as if they are external cast members. I looked this up and it says that video files must be included on the disk as they are linked externally. That would make sense to me except then why does the file size of the actual project grow when these are implemented in if they are linking to external cast members. Its like wmvs, avis, and quicktime files have to take up double the space they should in order to be implemented in. Can someone please explain the logic in this to me or how I may be able to have it so that the space taken up by the movies is only taken up once instead of twice? I don't have enough disc space to include them on there twice.

thank you

jason
      shadodwlr@hotmail.com
        • 1. Re: importing movies
          Level 7
          On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 14:46:38 GMT, shadodwlr posted in
          macromedia.director.basics:

> In the project I'm working on, I have various wmv movies
          > as well as a a quicktime vr movie. now when I implement these cast
          > members into the actual project size, it is reflected in my projects
          > file size as if the movies are internally put into the file

Just a shot in the dark here, but what if you do a "Save As" or a "Save and
          Compact"?

--
          Mark A. Boyd
          Keep-On-Learnin' :)