2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2006 8:40 AM by rohai

variables between two swfs

rohai
      I have a main.swf (level0)and a news.swf (level1). News.swf is loaded because main.swf tells it so :-). If I have a variable in news.swf, does it become part of the main.swf? I want to send a variable from news.swf to main.swf, so the main.swf knows which swf must load after event in news.swf. Which is the best way to do that? Is it a LocalConncetion?

THX for advice
        • 1. Re: variables between two swfs
          Level 7

rohai wrote:
          > I have a main.swf (level0)and a news.swf (level1). News.swf is loaded because
          > main.swf tells it so :-). If I have a variable in news.swf, does it become part
          > of the main.swf?

Not it does not becomes part of the main.swf but there is no problem to access
          the variables across multiple levels tho. _level1.vars=value; or _level0.vars=value;

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: variables between two swfs
            rohai Level 1
            THX urami_,

I have another question. In news.swf I've created dynamiclly buttons and assigned them values and a function, which will run after onRelease. How do I pass variable from news.swf to main.swf? Does a main.swf read itself the variables from news.swf?How do I tell main.swf to get the variable after onRelease?