1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2006 2:30 PM by Newsgroup_User

Define file types

gam3fr3ak
      Howdy

When you first install some programs it gives you the option of setting it to become the main program for openning that certain file type. Fireworks dosent.

On my PC fireworks is the main program that I use for PNG files - its the only one I have. Though fireworks is not accociated with PNG files (nothing is). I know how to add programs to the open list, Tools, Folder options, file types... though when I add fireworks to the open list its icon does not show up. All I get is the program list closing and then nothing.

I have ended up with PNGs looking as though they cannot be openned, I can but only through fireworks. I am not able to click the file and boot up fireworks. it has to be the other way round.

Can anyone help me please?

David
      gam3fr3ak At hotmail DOT co Dot uk
        • 1. Re: Define file types
          Level 7
          gam3fr3ak wrote:
          > Howdy
          >
          > When you first install some programs it gives you the option of setting it to
          > become the main program for openning that certain file type. Fireworks dosent.
          >
          > On my PC fireworks is the main program that I use for PNG files - its the only
          > one I have. Though fireworks is not accociated with PNG files (nothing is). I
          > know how to add programs to the open list, Tools, Folder options, file
          > types... though when I add fireworks to the open list its icon does not show
          > up. All I get is the program list closing and then nothing.
          >
          > I have ended up with PNGs looking as though they cannot be openned, I can but
          > only through fireworks. I am not able to click the file and boot up fireworks.
          > it has to be the other way round.
          >
          > Can anyone help me please?
          >
          > David
          > gam3fr3ak At hotmail DOT co Dot uk
          >
          Usually, reinstalling Fireworks will work. There is also this tech-note
          that should help to associate the file types to the programs you wish
          manually.

http://tinyurl.com/hg8ll

SKB