2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2006 6:08 PM by ggaarde

Antialised type in dynamic text field

ggaarde
      Hi, everyone
      I am working on this site:

http://www.mattsrotisseriesite.fatcow.com

Under f.ex the headline Employment I have a Static text field using the font Veranda and below a Dynamic text field using the same Veranda font.
      The text in the window below appears jagged (not antialiased) The text above looks nice.

I am using Flash MX and have tried to select imbed When any of those combinations are selected the text will not load at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you on beforehand.

ggaarde
        • 1. Re: Antialised type in dynamic text field
          Level 7
          > Under f.ex the headline Employment I have a Static text field using the font
          > Veranda and below a Dynamic text field using the same Veranda font.
          > The text in the window below appears jagged (not antialiased) The text above
          > looks nice.
          > I am using Flash MX and have tried to select imbed When any of those
          > combinations are selected the text will not load at all.

You need font outlines to show text Anti Aliased. The reason why it does not show
          once the font outlines are included could that you include the wrong outline.
          I see the text uses Bold and Italic. In order to have outlines you need to include
          separate for regular, bold and italic (3 total) you must be including regular therefor
          the text do not show at all.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Antialised type in dynamic text field
            ggaarde Level 1
            Hi urami_

Thank you for your advise.

How do I include more than one Font outline?

I was using the Character button in the properties manager and tried to include all Characters. That does not work.
            In the Properties manager I can choose Bold and/or Italic. But it becomes a universal setting that overrides my HTML tags in my external txt file that I am importing. I dont want all my text to be bold.
            If I dont select them in the properties, however, Flash will not embed the font that it needs.

Is there a different way to embed fonts other than under the Character Tab?

I tried to import fonts to the library, but can not select them.

Your help would really be appreciated.

Sincerely,

ggaarde