3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2006 5:41 PM by MikerRoo

CFCHART xml attributes

jioshy
      I have CFMX7 and I've linked my cfchart to a custom xml style:

<cfchart
      format="flash"
      style="jio_bar">

But other than adding placement="right" to the <legend isVisible="false" showColumnLegend="true"> tag, I have not been able to find a difinitive list of xml attributes (along wtih their possible values) to use for customizing my xml charting style. I've looked in the LiveDocs, and I could find all the attributes for the CF tags (CFCHART, CFCHARTSERIES, etc.) which is helpful, but I really want a very customized look as much as possible. WebCharts3D doesn't add much to the CFCHART capabilites either, so I really need to find the available parameters for the xml style file.

Thanks,
      Jonathan
        • 1. Re: CFCHART xml attributes
          MikerRoo Level 1
          WebCharts3D adds a ton of capability.

Go back to web charts designer.
          Set expert mode on and visit the help tab.

All of the available xml schema is there under the API doc.
          Beware that some of the really good stuff is not supported by CF, however.
          • 2. Re: CFCHART xml attributes
            jioshy Level 1
            Thanks for the reply. When I was referring to the WebCharts3D app, I only read about it, and based on the list of attributes on the LiveDoc, it didn't seem to have anything more than what CFCHART offered. I doubleclicked on the webcharts.bat, which is on a network drive, and it only opened a CMD window and then closed, and I'm not able to see the actual app. :( Is there another way to download the utility locally to my machine to use it?
            • 3. Re: CFCHART xml attributes
              MikerRoo Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: jioshy
              ... Is there another way to download the utility locally to my machine to use it?

The easiest and best way to do that is to install the Free CF developer edition on your local machine. (A good idea in its own right.)