1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2006 3:22 PM by kglad

Falling objects don't trigger hitTests?

VaporAction Level 1
      I want the user to be able to drop an object which falls unless it comes into contact with either a table top or a measuring scale. The falling part works, it drops and then it stops when it hits the table top (y >= 409), but it doesn't stop when it hits the measuring scale. I created an invisible mc which covers the stage except for the measuring scale. If the falling object is above the table (y < 409) and in contact with the hitTest mc (StageHitTest_mc) then it continues to fall (y++). It seems to constantly check the y position because it stops when it hits the table top and it traces the "condition=FALSE" message but it seems to pay no attention to whether it is still in contact with the StageHitTest_mc....
      I really hope someone can help me with this, I seem to encounter this problem alot where a falling or moving object does not seem to check a hitTest except for when first released...perhaps it is a problem with the falling function being triggered by onRelease?
      But I have onRelease triggering an onEnterFrame handler, so shouldn't that make Flash run the function (including checking the hitTest) repeatedly?
      And it does seem to run repeatedly in regards evaluating the mc's y position...
      just not the hitTest...
      anyway, here's the code...