3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2006 4:35 AM by pheo84

flash frameset navigation problem

redsox05 Level 1
      I have a 2 frame page, main and top. I used this code.The page is on my desktop.
      on(release){
      getURL("misc/misc.htm","mainFrame","GET");
      }
      When I click on it it opens the page in a new page instead of the main frame. I don't get why it doesn't work because it did before. I must have changed something but can't figure what. I want the page to load in the main frame, not a new page.
      thanks
        • 1. Re: flash frameset navigation problem
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          show your html frameset code.
          • 2. Re: flash frameset navigation problem
            Level 7

redsox05 wrote:
            > I have a 2 frame page, main and top. I used this code.The page is on my desktop.
            > on(release){
            > getURL("misc/misc.htm","mainFrame","GET");
            > }
            > When I click on it it opens the page in a new page instead of the main frame.
            > I don't get why it doesn't work because it did before. I must have changed
            > something but can't figure what. I want the page to load in the main frame, not
            > a new page.
            > thanks

get rid of GET, it is for Variables and has nothing to do with basic href request.
            Secondly, do not use mainFrame as a name, these are reserved names.
            Use something unique like redsox_frame.
            3rd - do not test it in desktop, upload to server and test it online. Due to changes
            in the player and browser security, many things can't be execute locally. Testing
            online is best and most reliable way.

--
            Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
            If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
            </urami>
            • 3. Re: flash frameset navigation problem
              pheo84
              Ive got exactly the same problem. Ive noticed that it works if you have Flash Player 8 installed instead of 9. Do you have 9 installed? Have you figured out how to solve the problem?