1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 25, 2006 6:06 AM by jeffmil

Properties view is not available / An unknown item is declared as the root

forresto
      Opening a project that I had been working on in design view gave me a grey workspace and the message in the properties column that "Properties view is not available" because MXML file is not in a Flex project (which it is). I closed a different project, and now the workspace has the error "An unknown item is declared as the root of your MXML document," even for new MXML app files.

Are these errors related? How can I fix them, or not encounter them in the first place?

Starting and editing a new Flex project and application works as expected.
        • 1. Re: Properties view is not available / An unknown item is declared as the root
          jeffmil
          I have this same problem. I just installed the Flex Builder 2 plug-in into an existing Eclipse 3.2 installation. With the first project, right off the bat, ti doesn't work and I get this same error message in the design view of a brand new project, with nothing in the MXML except

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:Application xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml">

</mx:Application>

How can that be "An unknown item is declared as the root of your MXML document. Switch to source mode to correct it."

Anyone have any ideas? The product appears quite flakey on Windows.

quote:

Originally posted by: forresto
          Opening a project that I had been working on in design view gave me a grey workspace and the message in the properties column that "Properties view is not available" because MXML file is not in a Flex project (which it is). I closed a different project, and now the workspace has the error "An unknown item is declared as the root of your MXML document," even for new MXML app files.

Are these errors related? How can I fix them, or not encounter them in the first place?

Starting and editing a new Flex project and application works as expected.