3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2006 2:52 PM by Newsgroup_User

Is there a limit to stage width?

visitor13
      Whenever I try to set stage width to anything larger than 1000px, Flash doesn't actually cap the number to 1000 but creates a file that's significantly less than a target width. I traced the Stage.width and what's really bizzare is that numbers are not consistent across projects and even change after restarting!!! Like I would try to set the width to 1200, 1500 or 2000 px in one project and the traced value would always be 1023 but 1173 in another. Then after restarting, 1023 would change to 1025 and 1173 to 1186!!!. Am I going crazy?
        • 1. Re: Is there a limit to stage width?
          Level 7

visitor13 wrote:
          > Whenever I try to set stage width to anything larger than 1000px, Flash doesn't
          > actually cap the number to 1000 but creates a file that's significantly less
          > than a target width. I traced the Stage.width and what's really bizzare is that
          > numbers are not consistent across projects and even change after restarting!!!
          > Like I would try to set the width to 1200, 1500 or 2000 px in one project and
          > the traced value would always be 1023 but 1173 in another. Then after
          > restarting, 1023 would change to 1025 and 1173 to 1186!!!. Am I going crazy?

2880x2880

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Is there a limit to stage width?
            visitor13 Level 1
            Why then do I get these off the mark numbers and how can i fix the problem (I can't center anything with ActionScript).
            PS: This applies to projects with nothing else but a trace command. Just try it: trace(Stage.width)
            • 3. Re: Is there a limit to stage width?
              Level 7

visitor13 wrote:
              > Why then do I get these off the mark numbers and how can i fix the problem (I
              > can't center anything with ActionScript).
              > PS: This applies to projects with nothing else but a trace command. Just try
              > it: trace(Stage.width)

Stage.width returns the width of the actual stage in the resized window so you can
              get a maximum width and height the same as your screen resolution

--
              Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
              If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
              </urami>