• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context sensitive webhelp topics

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2006 Sep 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing issues with the display of context sensitive webhelp topics only in one particular scenario. The scenario is when the topic sits under two books (ie 3rd level down in the structure) in the RoboHelp menu. In this case, the context sensitive topic displays in the webhelp window and the RoboHelp navigation pane displays but the navigation does not open to show the location of the topic in the context of the left-hand menu options.

My desired outcome is for the topic to display and menu to open showing the location of the topic at the same time. it is working for all context sensitive topics sitting under one book in the menu (ie 2nd level down). It also works for context sensitive topics irrespective of the level when I publish the webhelp to my c drive - it just doesn't work when I publish to a web server.

Has anyone had a similar issue or have any clues as to how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Alice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2006 Sep 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same result on the local disk. When you generate are you selecting the web or intranet option in the wizard? (third page?). Try the intranet option. Please post back to confirm that works or doesn't as the case may be.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply.

Can I clarify - are you recommending slecitng 'intranet' even though the output is for an external web audience via the Internet?

Thanks again
Alice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alice

It's about midnight for Peter, so I'll be surprised if he beats me to the punch here with a response.

Indeed, this is the option he is referring to. Here's the way it works. With Internet selected, your navigation is broken apart into smaller, more easily served chunks of information. With local PC selected, it's kept in a larger file. The trade off is that the larger file may take longer to initially load up.

What normally happens is that the topic displays, then executes some script to synchronize the TOC. But the script sometimes fails, as that particular segment of the TOC hasn't yet loaded up. Subsequent attempts usually work. So forcing all the TOC into a single, larger file makes the synchronization begin working.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Peter and Rick

Marvellous - your suggestion has solved the problem and I would never have thought to do this.

I am most appreciative.

Thanks and happy travels...

Alice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp