3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2006 11:57 AM by Nixy

Stop the music

skateblade Level 1
      Hi
      Can anybody help please?
      How do I stop the music after playing once, as it just keeps on repeating & repeating.
      I'm a newbie at this and this is my first try.

Thank you for ANY help
        • 1. Re: Stop the music
          Nixy
          Dpends on if the music is on the timeline or if the music is calling by AS

On the timeline:
          In the properties panel you have the option Loop or Repeat. Select Repeat and insert 1 in the field

With AS
          The sound object you've created has a strat function to tell it to play. The first param is the offset, the second one represent the number of time you want the sound to repeat.
          mySound.start(0, 1);

You can also use it without param and the default value will be no repeat.
          Hope that can help
          • 2. Re: Stop the music
            skateblade Level 1
            Thanks for the responce Nixy,

Please don't forget I'm a newbie and just trying the free download right now.

I tried the 1st choice "On the timeline:
            In the properties panel you have the option Loop or Repeat. Select Repeat and insert 1 in the field" when in the properties panel at the bottom of the screen In the Sync: windows the first 1 is set to Event and when I clicked on loop the number window closes so I can't set it to 1.
            When I tried "Test movie" the music after a few seconds will still repeat.
            I don't know how to try the other suggestion.
            Thanks again for your help.

• 3. Re: Stop the music
              Nixy Level 1
              Don't put it at loop. Loop will make your sound loop for ever.
              Select Repeat and put 1 in the number window