4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2006 4:06 PM by EVkb

Customize skins?

EVkb Level 1
      Hi

I need some help in customizing my own skin for web playback...any good tutorials out there? Also, any free skins out there?

I know I open the fla file of a skin in FLASH PROF 8, but when I do how in the world do you get it in the form and size you want it? Tons of buttons on the stage, and a long chrome bar - how do you make it the size you want (500 x whatever small height) and just a few buttons, ie play/pause, mute/on, scrub bar?

Thanks KB
        • 1. Re: Customize skins?
          Level 7
          maybe it is me - but what are you talking about?
          customizing your own "skin"? do you mean editing a template? do you mean skinning components?
          Can you explain that differently?

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

iwics2 wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > I need some help in customizing my own skin for web playback...any good
          > tutorials out there? Also, any free skins out there?
          >
          > I know I open the fla file of a skin in FLASH PROF 8, but when I do how in the
          > world do you get it in the form and size you want it? Tons of buttons on the
          > stage, and a long chrome bar - how do you make it the size you want (500 x
          > whatever small height) and just a few buttons, ie play/pause, mute/on, scrub
          > bar?
          >
          > Thanks KB
          >
          • 2. Re: Customize skins?
            EVkb Level 1
            Basically, the skin that contains the play controls on a video at the bottom of the video...in Flash you can customize them but how? I've imported an flv file at 500 by 374 and want a skin which will compliment the web site.

KB
            • 3. Re: Customize skins?
              Nickels55 Level 2
              I think that you are trying to hard to figure this out. The skins are totally coded and ready to go. Just open the fla of a skin that has all the components and click on them to change the color schemes. They are totally set up to be variable size and the buttons already do what you want them to do. Just go through the library and change the color scheme of the backgrounds and buttons.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/custom_flvcomp.html

Read that and good luck
              • 4. Re: Customize skins?
                EVkb Level 1
                Thanks for the link.

KB