6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2006 10:46 AM by HarryLewis

Web Photo Album ""Could not run the script"

HarryLewis
      I recently upgraded to Dreamweaver 8 and Fireworks 8 on an InteliMac and with a DW file open while trying to create a web photo album from DW as soon as the process steps into Fireworks I get an error message saying "Could not run the script The file was not found" and then the process continues on and then DW tells me Album Created but there is a yellow warning triangle in the message.

The html pages and the javascript end up in the target folder but none of the images are there since FW never processed them.

What's going on?

What is the script that FW could not run and where can I find it so I can get it installed and get this to work.

I already reinstalled both applications but that didn't solve the problem.

(I'm going to post this same question in the DW forum too just in case someone there has an answer)
        • 1. Re: Web Photo Album ""Could not run the script"
          HarryLewis Level 1
          So I'm guessing there is no answer or no one knows an answer as to why the FW script wont run? What the next course of action to get something like this answered? Do I have to buy an Adobe support package to get this one issue answered or is there another avenue?
          • 2. Re: Web Photo Album ""Could not run the script"
            Level 7
            HarryLewis wrote:
            > I recently upgraded to Dreamweaver 8 and Fireworks 8 on an InteliMac and with
            > a DW file open while trying to create a web photo album from DW as soon as the
            > process steps into Fireworks I get an error message saying "Could not run the
            > script The file was not found" and then the process continues on and then DW
            > tells me Album Created but there is a yellow warning triangle in the message.

Did you define your site properly in Dreamweaver? Do you have Notes
            turned on in Dreamweaver? Have you created a document first which is
            open at the time of running the Command? If you execute this Command
            without an open document, the Command cannot create the proper code
            because it has no place in which to create it.

--
            Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            http://www.projectseven.com
            Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
            CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
            Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
            • 3. Re: Web Photo Album ""Could not run the script"
              HarryLewis Level 1
              [LR] - Did you define your site properly in Dreamweaver?

As in the local info for paths to the local root folder and the default images folder. Yes they are properly defined. DW in fact performs all the functions it performs as part of the Create Web Photo Album Command. The Folders for "pages", "thumbnails" and "images" are all created (and the folder "thumbnails" contains a javascript file "buildPhotoAlbum.jsf") and DW even gives me the message "Web Photo Album Created". The problem is that Fireworks never processes and of the images and those folders are therefore empty. And in fact even before DW gives the message "Web Photo Album Created" I get a Fireworks message saying "Could not run the script The file was not found".

[LR] - Do you have Notes turned on in Dreamweaver?

As in Design Notes? Design Notes were enabled before but I have just turned them off and let DW delete any notes that might have existed ( I hadn't created any for the site I was attempting this on) and the process ran with the exact same result as before.

[LR] - Have you created a document first which is open at the time of running the Command? If you execute this Command without an open document, the Command cannot create the proper code
              because it has no place in which to create it.

Yes, I mentioned in my initial post that I had "a DW file open"

The problem doesn't seem to be in or with DW. It's Fireworks that gives me the message "Could not run the script The file was not found". What I am trying to find out is what script, or what file is it looking for? So then I can see if it is missing from my configuration for some reason.

• 4. Re: Web Photo Album ""Could not run the script"
                Level 7
                I wish I could be more help, Harry. Just for the heck of it, try
                deleting the Fireworks preferences text, and then reload the program.

--
                Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
                http://www.projectseven.com
                Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
                CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
                • 5. Re: Web Photo Album ""Could not run the script"
                  Level 1
                  I wonder if this could be related to your InteliMac? I'll try and repro the problem you are experiening.

You could try this Slideshow Creator extension for Fireworks:

http://www.fireworksguru.com/fwalbumcreator
                  • 6. Web Photo Album ""Could not run the script"
                    HarryLewis Level 1
                    [AM] I wonder if this could be related to your InteliMac? I'll try and repro the problem you are experiening.

Alan I do believe the problem is directly related to the IntelMac issue with DW & FW having to run in Rosetta. Unfortunatly the Adobe document FAQ Adobe Support for Intel®-based Mac computers http://www.adobe.com/products/pdfs/intelmacsupport.pdf#search=%22adobe%20studio%208%20not% 20supported%20intel%22. in the section "Are there any known issues with running Adobe Creative Suite 2, Studio 8, or After Effects 7.0 under Rosetta?" doesn't say anything about the Web Photo Album command not working.

I upgraded to Studio 8 in mid August because when I upgraded to an InteliMac I found that the FTP in my older DW MX application would crash the application and obviously that would make working on any websites sort of difficult. So I upgraded to Studio 8 and everything was running fine (albeit slow at times) until about three weeks ago now when a web site I was working on for a client called for Web Photo Album and I discovered this problem.

It also turns out that I happen to like using the JustSo Photo Album extension but it failed in the same way so it must call on Fireworks in the same way that Web Photo Album does.

[AM] You could try this Slideshow Creator extension for Fireworks:

Thanks for that tip. Is the Slideshow Creator your creation? Unfortunalty I needed a "Photo Album" and not a slide show so I ended up using Galerie ( http://www.myriad-online.com/en/products/galerie.htm) but I like the idea of a slideshow too.

I downloaded and tested your Slideshow Creator Extension and ran a quick test and I like it but for one thing. The album page it created had all the thumbnail images bunched up in the upper left hand corner. I don't know whether that was something I did or failed to do in setting up the output or is it another InteliMac with Fireworks? I'll have to take another look at it this weekend when I have some extra time.

Thanks again for the tip.