2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2006 8:41 AM by Newsgroup_User

Audio Lags Behind  Video / unsynchronized

Lately Flash video and audio seems to be entirely unsynchronized. Sometimes it'll start just fine, but the audio will gradually fall behind the video, until it's seconds off. For instance, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Nlkc3BLP4 (Daily Show: President Bush vs. Governor Bush) can be off by a second or more before the end. Pausing, stopping, and moving the slider have no effect. Linux, Windows, FireFox, and IE all display the same behavior.

How can I synchronize the audio and video when Flash movies play in my browser?
        • 1. Re: Audio Lags Behind  Video / unsynchronized
          Level 7
          You can't - it has to be the task of the developer to build the flash movie and its contents in a
          way that insures the audio and video are in sync - once the movie is compiled, there's nothing you
          can do.
          Sometimes the developer does all he/she can do and the issue then becomes something to do with
          either the flash player plugin and or your system's RAM and possible number of programs running in
          the background or any myriad setup configurations.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

Judebert wrote:
          > Lately Flash video and audio seems to be entirely unsynchronized. Sometimes
          > it'll start just fine, but the audio will gradually fall behind the video,
          > until it's seconds off. For instance,
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Nlkc3BLP4 (Daily Show: President Bush vs.
          > Governor Bush) can be off by a second or more before the end. Pausing,
          > stopping, and moving the slider have no effect. Linux, Windows, FireFox, and
          > IE all display the same behavior.
          >
          > How can I synchronize the audio and video when Flash movies play in my browser?
          >
          • 2. Re: Audio Lags Behind  Video / unsynchronized
            Level 7
            I checked out the link and i immediately notice sync is off - it is inherant with the way ythe video
            was developed as i rarely see this happen on youtube.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
            --> www.mudbubble.com
            --> www.keyframer.com

Judebert wrote:
            > Lately Flash video and audio seems to be entirely unsynchronized. Sometimes
            > it'll start just fine, but the audio will gradually fall behind the video,
            > until it's seconds off. For instance,
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Nlkc3BLP4 (Daily Show: President Bush vs.
            > Governor Bush) can be off by a second or more before the end. Pausing,
            > stopping, and moving the slider have no effect. Linux, Windows, FireFox, and
            > IE all display the same behavior.
            >
            > How can I synchronize the audio and video when Flash movies play in my browser?
            >