2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2006 7:15 AM by Newsgroup_User

Exporting Fireworks Graphics

Gavie
      Hi there

Whenever I cut up a full navigation in Fireworks and export it (same problem for normal graphics), my text becomes blurry. Its not so bad that you cannot read it or male out what it is, but it is not as clear as when you are working with it. I have even tried increasing the resolution but that does not help as well.

Please advise
        • 1. Re: Exporting Fireworks Graphics
          Level 7
          Gavie wrote:
          > Hi there
          >
          > Whenever I cut up a full navigation in Fireworks and export it (same problem
          > for normal graphics), my text becomes blurry. Its not so bad that you cannot
          > read it or male out what it is, but it is not as clear as when you are working
          > with it. I have even tried increasing the resolution but that does not help as
          > well.

Increasing the resolution won't have any effect. Try changing the
          compression amount. Export text in GIF format rather than JPEG.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Exporting Fireworks Graphics
            Level 7
            On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:37:29 +0400, Gavie <webforumsuser@macromedia.com>
            wrote:

> Whenever I cut up a full navigation in Fireworks and export it (same
            > problem
            > for normal graphics), my text becomes blurry. Its not so bad that you
            > cannot
            > read it or male out what it is, but it is not as clear as when you are
            > working
            > with it.

You are not providing enough detail so I can only guess. I guess you are
            exporting the image containing text as a JPEG file. JPEG compression makes
            problem to sharp high contrast edges, especially for a small text. Try
            decreasing JPEG compression (that is, increasing quality). Or try using
            GIFs for that particular slices (although I must warn you that may cause
            some color border difference between these slices and, say, whole JPEG
            background). Finally, you may try using full color PNG (24 bits) format
            for that slices - this will make the files at least twice as heavy as JPEG
            variants, but will not degrade the quality in any form.

> I have even tried increasing the resolution but that does not help as
            > well.

Your image resolution doesn't change the way your image is shown on screen
            (on the Web and such). It only changes print quality. If your images are
            not intended for print, forget about resolution.

--
            Ilya Razmanov
            http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters