1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2006 4:51 PM by Newsgroup_User

Please help flash and html mix

Interlife
      dear Sirs,
      I appreciate really your responses and help.
      i am trying to make a website that uses flash and html at the same time i mean only the menu is flash and the rest is html, the menu and all other parts are well put in table and rows, and cols but the problem is that i need the button in the menu(flash) to load dynamicly the content into the page and not reload the whole stuff(including the flash menu )
      thanks for your time
        • 1. Re: Please help flash and html mix
          Level 7
          > i am trying to make a website that uses flash and html at the same time i mean
          > only the menu is flash and the rest is html, the menu and all other parts are
          > well put in table and rows, and cols but the problem is that i need the button
          > in the menu(flash) to load dynamicly the content into the page and not reload
          > the whole stuff(including the flash menu )
          > thanks for your time

Every time you open page, flash reload from scratch. That's how it works.
          You can use frames and keep the menu in frame, which would be easiest solution.
          Or you could use Shared Object, something like flash's form of cookies.
          Make a record every time you press button, read that record every time you
          open the page and based on result do something with the menu to indicate
          that this is the clicked location, tho take note, it still will be loading
          the file from zero, every single time you open new html page.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>